1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard a rumor (at a gunshop) that Kimber is bringing out a version of the RCP with sights. Anyone here know anything about this or heard the same rumor?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
What's this? Kimber’s “refined carry pistol” needs a little more refinement?;) Sounds like a good idea to me. I personally could never understand how one would want to rely on a pistol that the sights were omitted in favor of some ’trench’. This pistol would make a lot more sense with a good set of fixed sights..... of course the Ultra Carry has been available for quite some time.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I waited to handle an RCP before I bought my Ultra CDP. I could not convince myself that I didn't need sights, given the level of practice I am restricted to in an indoor range that frowns on (read: doesn't allow) any sort of tactical practice, like drawing from a holster....
I loved the concealability, but the trench wasn't for me. Of course, now that I have my CDP, they will come out with something between the two. I love the beavertail, but it IS a bit long for concealment. The RCP fixes that.

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
IIRC, the two Kimbers that Terry Tussey did like the RCP a while ago (Before Kimber did a production run of them) had sights buried in the trench. It was a AO big dot, and the other was a fiber optic, I think.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts