1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After shooting 50 rounds of .45 ball ammo, the Novak rear sight of my SA SS Loaded slipped off the dovetail cut on the slide. I tried to put it back into the cut but it keeps sliding off.

Is there anything I can do to fix this myself or do I have to take it to a 'smith or send it back to SA?

This is a brand new gun...VERY FRUSTRATING

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
The set screw on my Champion started backing out on the second range trip. That red Loc-tite is right up there with duct tape on the list of great inventions.

Mac

[This message has been edited by Maclean3 (edited 11-25-2001).]

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Originally posted by GUNNER:
Have you tried the Purple one? No. 222. It allows manipulation without heating and keeps good retension even after multiple fastener uses without applying more.

Didn't know there WAS a purple one. Might have to put that on my Christmas list though!

Mac

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gunner,

Thanks for the tip. I neglected to try the thin allen wrench that came with the gun. I assumed that the screw is some sort pin that had to be punched in to secure the sight.

I tightened the screw and secured the rear sight. I'm going to the range today to try it out and see if it stays put

Thanks again.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My SA .45 is going to have to go back to SA. I tried tightening the screw, but it came loose after 6 rounds. It couldn't even hold long enough to finish 1 clip. I packed it in after 140 rounds. I got tired of having to tighten and re-tighten the screw.

Gunner,

I like the Novaks, in fact I have have them on 2 other of my pistols. I might have a gold dot added to the front sight to make it more visible in low light environments.

·
Administrator
18,614 Posts
Before you send it, try the aforementioned loc-tite...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts