1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was laying in bed tonight checking out my nightsights on my TRP(and no, I dont do this every night)
it has a Novaks rear sight. I got to thinking(bad idea this late) ...cant I just purchase the Novaks rear sight with the bar and swap it out? I know alot of people have a preference for 3-dot but I have Bar-dot night sights on my Sig and they work better for me in the dark than 3-dot. I pick up the sights alot faster.Also, Anyone have any recomendations on a site tool. I have Glocks, Sigs, Springfields so I was looking for one changer(not too expensive) that would work for most type of slides/guns. Thanks!

[This message has been edited by PM 7 (edited 08-29-2001).]

·
Registered
713 Posts
PM7,
Novaks' is in Parkersburg,WV, 1-304-485-9295. To answer your question , yes, they do make bar night sites for a "Novak" rear slide cut. I have a horizontal bar rear site in the 'drawer', I don't know if they do a vertical bar like the one on your Sig.
As for site tools, at the lower price ranges they are usually "gun specific", and at the higher price ranges more generic and versatile...check out the Brownells Catalog.
Sincerely-Barry

·
Registered
641 Posts
PM 7
If you have a Novak Lo-mount, sure you can have a tritium bar sight. Brownells (WWW.brownells.com)sells it, and its cheaper than the two dot sight. Personally I really like the bar night sight, # 662-002-004 at a cost of $59.95 now for sight removal save your money. I have one of those $75.00 sight pushers that was a complete waste of money. I mean its a nice unit but I have not used it in several years. I use a piece of round nylon about 3/4 of an inch in diameter with the slide in a padded vise. The nylon will not mark the slide or sight in any way like Brass will. You can get a foot of it in any machinist catalogue and cut it into 4 inch sections and have several. Try www.travers.com for the nylon
Good luck

------------------
Chris from va

1 - 3 of 3 Posts