1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have inherited what appears to be an almost NIB HP. Seems like it was made in the '70s as it was made in Belgium. The only thing I really dislike about it is the funky rear sight. It has the two opposing screws for adjustment. Does anyone make a fixed or adjustable rear that works with the existing front?

I probably should just sell the gun as I do not believe in having collector guns that you do not shoot. I am thinking that I should just buy a cheap ARCUS and not cut this one up.

·
Banned
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I did determine what size dovetail it has - .375". Appears that the Pachmayr and LPA will both fit. Anyone have experience with these two?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Joe D...what did you find out? I also am interested in replacing the same rear sight(with the two side screws) and keeping the stock front sight. Any luck?

·
Banned
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tex, both Pachmayr and LPA make adj. rear sights that fit. I don't like the way they look. Kind of perched on top of the slide. I think I am going to keep this gun as is and buy an Arcus to play with.
One would think you could find a tall fixed rear like a King's rear for a 1911. It needs to be about .400" tall to match the front.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts