1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am reassembling my full size TLE/RL II after a detail strip, clean and polish; no new parts are being installed. After reassembly, the Schwarz plunger is protruding through the frame enough to prevent the slide from being installed. it seems as though the grip safety is not fully returning to its normal safe position (doesn't pivot outward fully). This seems to be what is keeping the Schwarz plunger up. The grip safety travel is very limited when compared to my other 1911, again, as if it's not fully returning to its outward position. I've tried to dissemble and reassemble several times and it seems that the grip safety portion of the sear spring is becoming displaced as I install the grip safety, it seems to have the proper outward travel as I assemble it, but the spring leg seems to slip out of place at the last second. I've tried using a spare new sear spring but the same thing happens.

I'm mechanically inclined and have done this before, but this has me really frustrated. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Sounds like the GSafety is not on the third leaf of the sear spring right, which leaves it pressing against the Swartz push-rod.

With the GSafety and TSafety out, put the sear spring in place and slide the MSH on just far enough to hold the sear spring in place. Then you have to install both safeties simultaneously, taking care that the GSafety is still pressing on the 3rd leaf when you are done. Use a tiny punch or equiv. to depress plunger so that the TSafety willl go down flush to the frame.

Then slide the MSH almost all the way up taking care that the hammer strut goes into the MS follower. Lower the hammer, press the MSH in to where it is flush with the bottom of the frame and put the pin in.

Load and shoot! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts