1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in a gun shop on the west coast of FL today and spied a couple of Colts that caught my eye.

1. A Combat Commander, 9mm, BarSto barrel and bushing, checkered front strap, checkered flat msh, 3 hole trigger, BoMar sights with back of slide checkered to match and a fitted Ed Brown grip safety. Slide to frame fit was tight and smooth, barrel lock up was superb. The frame was finished in what looked like Black T and the slide looked like original blue but was in need of refinishing. I have never owned anything with BoMar sights. Asking $1250. If I could work the price down to help cover the cost of refinishing the slide to match the frame..........hmmmm. Damn it man...how many 9mm Commanders do I need? I already have 3 plus a 1991A1 Government in 9mm. I know.....I could buy this one and then destroy it to make my others more valuable...LOL.

2. A 1991A1 Compact.....essentially the old Officer's ACP design just in matte blue with big 1991A1 roll marks. LNIB and it had a set of faux ivory grips. Asking $650....seemed about par for market. I thought this one might make a good "car gun." Matte blue that almost looks like parkarizing, who cares if it gets knocked around and screatched a little right?

May have to see what the commission check directly deposited in the morning looks like......post-xmas gift(s) to self?? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I can not see why anyone would put BoMars on a Commander, I just don't get it. The Bomars are a target sight and the commander is not a great target gun. I might be inclined to use Novak adjustables but never Bomars.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, the BoMars didn't bother me so much as the finish between the frame and slide not matching. I have never had a set of BoMars on any of my pistols but have some shooting buddies taht swear by them and even had them on their duty pistols both in Gov't and Commander lengths. The sight picture was sharp and the test target with the gun displayed a tight group. I can see them being handy if different loads were being shot, having the ability to adjust for POA/POI.

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
There are still a whole bunch of pristine series 80 gov't/comm guns in my area for $800 or so.

1991A1 Commanders
1991A1 Gov't (large and small)
Series 80 Stainless Commanders

1 - 5 of 5 Posts