1911Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from picking up my new rig: 1.5" belt, Watch Six holster, D-4C dbl. mag pouch and an IPS single iwb mag pouch.

I can honestly say that this is the most comfortable holster I've ever owned. The only time I can really tell it's there is if I lean back on the gun and even then it's not uncomfortable, just noticeable.

Every item is exactly what you see on the website with no surprizes (ever get a Big Mac that looked as good as the menu?
). The attention to detail and finish is amazing.

The fit is really tight on my Champion (the way ANY new holster should be). My wife rushed in a few minutes ago when I squealed like a girl... I kinda gave myself a denim wedgie with the first attempted draw.
I think it'll break in really nice with a few presentations and I'll take a tight holster over a loose one any day!

The mag pouches are just as sturdily built and are now sitting off to the side with mags in place to break them in as well.

I have to say the belt is perfect. I ordered the entire rig in black and the belt with "no detail." What I got from Tony and the guys is a belt that I can wear every day to work and I'll still outgrow (or "outspread") it before it ever wears out.

Overall impression: This is leather quality that I haven't seen in a very long time. The workmanship is outstanding and I'm proud to own it. Not to say there aren't others out there doing a great job (with a special nod to Lou Alessi), just damned few of them.

For those of you waiting on orders or contemplating a purchase it's worth every dollar and then some. I highly recommend them.

Mac

[This message has been edited by Maclean3 (edited 08-18-2001).]

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
My Watch 6 was the first IWB holster I owned that I liked and could wear. Before getting it if I carried IWB it was "Mex" without a holster. The Watch 6 does not feel as if you are wearing a hoslter at all.

By the makers mark on mine, Tony did it.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC
FFF

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Great review. The horse is probably still wearing my Versa Max II but they'll get that critter killed and worked up in due time. The wait is pure torure! Glad you like your new rig, this is very encouraging news.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Maclean3, congrats on a great holster...glad you like it.

For those that don't have the patience to wait for Sparks to build you one of these fine holsters, I suggest you check with Allan Yoast to see if he's got the one you want in stock...his contact info is listed on the Sparks web site, and he's an excellent guy to do business with. My VM2 and double thick belt should be in early next week, less than a week after I placed the order.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by GG45ACP:
Maclean3, congrats on a great holster...glad you like it.

For those that don't have the patience to wait for Sparks to build you one of these fine holsters, I suggest you check with Allan Yoast to see if he's got the one you want in stock...his contact info is listed on the Sparks web site, and he's an excellent guy to do business with. My VM2 and double thick belt should be in early next week, less than a week after I placed the order.

Well, there's a gun show in town this weekend & I just told the wife I was going tomorrow... thinking about adding a Colt Gov't to the collection.

I might have to check out Yoast for a second Watch Six like you suggested.

Mac

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
The fit is really tight on my Champion (the way ANY new holster should be). My wife rushed in a few minutes ago when I squealed like a girl... I kinda gave myself a denim wedgie with the first attempted draw.
Mac,
ROFLMAO!! That does get better with use BTW.

Thanks a bunch for the glowing review! Glad we didn't disappoint.

FYI,
Alan Yoast is a great guy to deal with! If one is in a rush, it is always a good idea to check first with Alan or Craig at Lightning Arms as they always keep a fair amount of Sparks inventory on hand.

Thanks, all!
Tony

------------------
Milt Sparks Holsters, Inc.
www.miltsparks.com
[email protected]
Second Best is not an option

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Originally posted by Maclean3:

Stop! You're killing

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just got my Watch Six Dual Talon from alessi. Milt Sparks quoted me 6-8 weeks, got this from Lou in 3. I love it. Great quality.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts