1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guyes just wanted to share my experience, might save some new guyes like me some grief.

After my 3rd range session (850rds)with my new Kimber Pro Carry, I lost all reliability, jamp - o - matic. Being new to 1911's I panicked thought it was goeing to be a limon, thought it wouldn't run after 200 rounds cause it was dirty, I jumped to all kinds of dumb conclusions.

Well the instructions say to change the recoil spring at 800rds, I had 850 (mostly light reloads) and aparently my spring was totally wore out.

Replaced the recoil spring, went to the range yesterday, I'm in love with my Kimber for a second time. I shot 350rds with one FTF and this was with a 200GR SWC.

She may turn out to be reliable after all, I hope so, I just ordered $265 worth of leather for her!

Change those springs!

Later...

·
Registered
83 Posts
I recently bought a Series I Compact Aluminium and a Series II Pro CDP.

I auctomatically ordered up extra springs.

I wish these guns came with a flat spring like my HK USP 45C

·
Registered
398 Posts
I had 3,000 on my ProTactical before I thought about the spring.

I bought a new Custom Target, and read the instructions, to replace the spring every 1,500 (if I'm recalling correctly) - thought I'd look at the manual for the 4". 800! - just slopppy on my part - ordered 2 from Brownells that day

I'll be more careful in the future - I wasn't having any problmes with feeding 100% reliable, but the gun was probably getting more beat up then it should've.

·
Registered
27 Posts
my tle has about 3000 rounds and it hasnt given me any problems.
i do need to change it out though, since it is my carry gun and i'd rather not leave anything to chance.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My gold match started putting primer drag marks at about 2500 rounds and I got really worried.

Ordered a new Wolff replacement kit direct and it was back to good to go.

On advice from my gunshop I ordered a second kit and when the recoil spring gets close to an inch shorter than the new one I'll replace again.

Dog

1 - 5 of 5 Posts