1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a Pointman Major since 2002. Despite many attempts at tweaking the factory extractor I can't get this thing to feed more than 50 rounds without having a failure to eject. The brass almost seems like it can't get out of the way of the slide fast enough. It's not a stovepipe jam, the empty never makes it to vertical. I was thinking of just swapping out the extractor for a Wilson "bulletproof" extractor. Any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
You might have better response in the Gunsmithing section.. I cant imagine it needs a whole new one, maybe just some tweeking or an ejector problem. :confused:

·
Premium Member
6,670 Posts
How heavy a recoil spring are you using? What kind of loads?

Anyways, the Wilson should be a good replacement.

Bob

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Maybe...

I've had a Pointman Major since 2002. Despite many attempts at tweaking the factory extractor I can't get this thing to feed more than 50 rounds without having a failure to eject. The brass almost seems like it can't get out of the way of the slide fast enough. It's not a stovepipe jam, the empty never makes it to vertical. I was thinking of just swapping out the extractor for a Wilson "bulletproof" extractor. Any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks
This doesn't sound like an extractor problem really.
Do you use a shock buff?
Is your PM fitted with an extended ejector?
If your PM will work for fifty rounds before the problems arise,could it be a too tight chamber causing the prob.?
Cylinder and Slide makes a spring steel extractor that is the original JMB part.
Mr. Severns will arrive shortly and likely diagnose your problem.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No shock buff. Factory ejector. No telling which round it will hang up on. last weekend it was the first round down range. I've never made it more than 100 rounds without a failure to eject. I got so frustrated that I've kind of mothballed the 1911 for awhile. Without starting a flame war, I also compete in USPSA and GSSF so I use my Glocks that run 100% all the time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts