1911Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a new shooting bag, who makes the best one nowadays. The last one I bought was a Shaw bag.... that was about 1988 or so? (the Dillon bag looks pretty good in the catalog?)

Recommendations ?

Thanks !

·
Registered
62 Posts
Roverman,
Don't take this the wrong way because the dillon bags are pretty good, I work near Dillon so I get to see them up close and personal but I went to Lowe's and bought a tool bag made by AWP. Today when I went shooting, the bag held 2 guns, mags, 500 rounds, glasses, and other small stuff. Best thing was that the bag only cost $19.00. I sure can buy alot of things with the difference between a Dillon bag and a tool bag. By the way, the tool bag is made of extremely heavy canvas and has a heavy duty zipper.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Originally posted by tim38super:
I am extreamly happy with my Waller bag.

Tim
I'm looking at picking up a Waller bag soon also. Which model do you have Tim?

Ross T.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just purchased my Waller original range bag in black not too long ago, and it's beautiful. It's a shame all of my pistols are off being customized at the moment, and so the bag isn't being used much, but it will be when I get my kimber and sigs back.

-Jim

·
Super Moderator
7,620 Posts
I am partial to the Green Mountain bags as are most IPSC shooters. Well built and well thought out. I have two, a "big" bag for IPSC/3-gun and a regular size bag for IDPA. I also like the Haffner bags that Shooters Connection sells, but there are too many pockets.

Tom Freeman
http://www.limitedgun.com/PPPS

·
Registered
79 Posts
Who said it has to be an expensive shooting bag? I use a cheap $10 plastic tool box, lots of compartments and it works great.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Originally posted by ROSANGHAL:
I'm looking at picking up a Waller bag soon also. Which model do you have Tim?

Ross T.
I have the 'Original Range Bag'. It is quite roomy and holds a ton of stuff. I have carried four guns, 20 mags, ammo, hearing protection, several holsters and other misc stuff in it all at one time. I am going to be buying another one soon so that I'll have one bag for my CDP & ESP gear and another for SSP & SSR. I also have the optional 10 mag holder in my bag.
The Green Mountain bags are also very good.

------------------
Tim Bacus
Bacus Custom

·
0 Posts
My sister gave me a Sears Craftsman tool bag for Christmas (excuse me - for "Winter Holiday"). Tough nylon, pockets all over the place, looks good.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I have the Dillion backpack and really like it. It always sits flat, has a few pockets and has held alot of ammo and guns at once.
Plus, it doesnt look that much like a gun bag.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm "Not" kidding here....

Grab a jelly bucket from a donut shop or chinese food restaurant...they usually will give you one if you just ask,
Or buy one for $3.
Then put one of the many models of bucket apron's for sale from $10. to $25. at your local Wally world or craftsman/woodwork shop shop.
Tons of pockets and room for anything you'd need.
Not "cool", and maybe not typical....but just right for some.
JMO,
Stocky

------------------
Anyone who isn't a paranoid schizophrenic now-a-days, just isn't thinking clearly!

·
Registered
318 Posts
We've had a couple of Bagmaster "Range Bags" for six or seven years...even with regular, HARD use, they still look and perform perfectly...made in the U.S. of A., and they stand behind their products, too!!!....mikey357

·
Registered
548 Posts
5 gallon paint bucket. Put a bucket top from Home Depot on it. Plenty of room for everything, gives me a place to sit, doesn't get confused for anyone else's, and very innocuous.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts