1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you were new to reloading, owned a Desert Eagle 44 mag, a S&W 1911, a Colt XS CCO, a Benelli M1 Super 90 and a Remington 870 12 guage what equipment would you buy?

Lets start with education, what do you suggest?

I have less time than money so want equipment that does the job as quickly and accurately as possible. I want a system that is the least labor intensive and would like to load somewhere in the region of 1000 rounds at a time in the hope of being ahead of the game.

Is there such a thing as a "one stop" system?

What would you buy if you had no restrictions?

·
Registered
436 Posts
For your shotguns MEC GRABBER. Handguns DILLEN you choose the model that fits your need.Can't say that I have ever heard of a machine that could do Shotgun and metalic cartridges.I think there would be to many trade offs.Just to change gauge on a shotgun loader is a big hassle and not worth it, I have a mec for every guage thousands of rounds thru each over the last 20yrs.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
I think you'll have to buy and mount two presses, one for pistol/rifle and one for shotgun. I have no experience with shotgun presses, but for the other I'd buy Dillon and start with at least a 550B. It fits the bill for loading alot of rounds at one time, but you may want to look at the 650 also which has even more features. Check 'em out HERE , but when you buy you get better prices from Brian Enos , who also has good info in his forums. Good luck deciding, and I can tell you it's alot of fun getting into this hobby and learning about it. :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the replies gentlemen.

I kind of assumed it would be improbable that there would be a machine for all occasions but hey, these days there is always someone coming with something new.

The information will get me on the road, I had searched around a little and most of the discussions were a little advanced for me so I thought it best to ask the question directly.

Funny thing is there was a Dillon catalog in my mailbox when I got home today....coincidence or????? Considering the fact that yesterday was the first time I had even remotely entertained the idea I thought that was interesting (or freaky).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts