1911Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was about to order a Kramer horsehide holster for my new Custom Eclipse but then I figured I'd ask youse guys for other options. I want a belt holster that conceals decently and has a reenforced open top. Please keep them under $200.

Oh yeah, I'd like a fairly high ride.

[This message has been edited by AndABeer (edited 09-18-2001).]

·
Registered
366 Posts
Try a straight-drop Kydex type material holster from Blade Tech. It has many advantages over leather:
faster draw
holds more secure
more durable than leather
get it wet, dry or moist, it's OK
you can order any color as long as it is black

·
Registered
389 Posts
Originally posted by Chico:
Blade Tech... you can order any color as long as it is black
Actually, I think for a little extra $ you can get them in woodland camo, denim, and a few other colors as well.

------------------
"He who goes unarmed in paradise had better be sure that that is where he is."
-- James Thurber

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I already have a Blade Tech and it is ok, however 1911s just seem to be more at home in leather.

·
Registered
660 Posts
You also might try a holster from Galco first to figure out what style you really want. They are usually a little more plentiful and a bit cheaper.

Find one you like, and then call up Lou Alessi!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have used the Kramer products and have not
had any trouble with them, other than my co-workers keep bugging me to sell the holster to them. I currently have a Blade-Tech straight drop holster which sucks, along with Blade-Tech's service, and a Wilson Tactical Assault. I really like the Tactical Assault.

·
Registered
352 Posts
You can't go wrong with a Milt Sparks.

DAW

·
Banned
802 Posts
To be specific, take a look at the Milt Sparks 60TK aka The Roadrunner. It fits all of the criteria you listed and is well within your budget.

------------------
DVC,
Sean

·
Registered
211 Posts
Alessi CQC/S.

Just got one for my Walther P99 and it's a beauty - both the pistol and the holster. As soon as the checkbook says yes, I'm putting one on order for my Kimber Ultra Carry.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I really, really like my Mitch Rosen 5JR.
Got it from Terry Peters.

p.s. I am in Germantown, drop by and check it out.

J Scott

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have a Kramer straight drop belt holster for a 1911. It is their black cowhide version. It works well. I like the straight up and down carry.

For something that rides high, take a look at Ken Null's Speed Scabbard, although it does have the FBI slant.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Originally posted by Maclean3:

Take a look at Milt Sparks and Lou Alessi. They both offer great quality WELL within your budget.

Mac
Definately!!! Both Sparks, and Alessi would be at the top of my list...

Sparks has a new model, the NP1 & NP2, you can see it here... http://www.1911forum.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/001046.html

Similar in design to the Alessi CQC/S, with a small added feature of a "paddle" for added stability. Definately something worth considering!

I thing the CQC/S may ride a bit higher though.

Personally, You want Dead Animal skin's, not some cheesy Plastic

One other style you may consider is my current favorite, the Safariland 560 Paddle. It's adjustable, and will fit many different guns, if you happen to need a holster for more than one gun, it's a great alternative.

·
Registered
38 Posts
For leather: another vote for Alessi and Sparks. Great products and great customer service.
For Kydex: Sidearmor. I had nothing but trouble with BladeTech holsters as well as their service.
Sidearmor is incredible in terms of overall quality, fit and function, as well as customer service. They are now making holsters for 1911s.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts