1911Forum banner
61 - 80 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
The SIG 2022 was adopted by the french Police, Gendarmerie, Customs, and Penal Administration for a duration of 20 years.
2022 = adopted in 2002 for a contract time of 20 years.
That means that next year, SIG will not garantee these service pistols. This adoption as a service pistol was then a commercial argument, but it now works just for one year...
I wonder what SIG is going to do when the contracts expires. I think if they replace the 2022 with something else, there's a good chance that this gun will be discontinued.

Reactions: svh

·
Registered
243 Posts
I wonder what SIG is going to do when the contracts expires. I think if they replace the 2022 with something else, there's a good chance that this gun will be discontinued.
The French Administrations should place a new request for proposal for a new handgun ; the manufacturers would then present their offers. Of course, it is still unknown who will be selected.
Now, it must be emphasized that the French Armed Forces adopted the Glock Gen 5 last year (75 000 examples).

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
Of course, it is still unknown who will be selected.
I would be [pleasantly] surprised if new solicitation calls for a TDA gun.

·
Registered
243 Posts
During the 2002 request that led to the SIG 2022 adoption, an exposed hammer was duly specified, so that the shooter would be able to re-cock in case of a misfire. This explains why the Glock could not compete then.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'd pick the hk p30 myself.. great ergos, reliable, magazines capable with vp9, great shooter, aftermarket parts... The only thing is I'd replace a couple trigger components. The best advice is to try all of them first.. at a store

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Yes, I went with a Grey Guns kit in my P30. Other than a lack luster OEM trigger, it's a great pistol, and very accurate, plus reliable.

·
Premium Member
7,039 Posts
I'm looking specifically for a DA/SA pistol in 9mm. This would be for range fun only. Any ideas from anyone are welcome.

I would like a full/duty size, but I have pretty small paws, so I might have to go with a compact or single stack. ( is there such a thing as a stack and a half ? ) There is a gun show next week in my area, and would like to shop around, and hold a few different models, if possible.

Manual safety is optional, but not preferred

I think I have it narrowed it down to these 4 -

Sig SP2022
HK P30
FNX-9
Beretta PX4 Storm

Advice or suggestions from owners of any of these, or any other DA/SA pistols would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
The best I've extensively tried: CZ75B. Very good trigger; great ergonomics in other regards; durable; easy maintenance. When I bought my CZs, the prices were way low compared to others in the market space. But people seem to have caught on; now they seem only a little low compared to the market.

Reactions: svh and CZigARMan

·
Registered
6,479 Posts
What!!?? No love for the S&W M39 single stack or the 5906 double stack and the various similar models in frame size and barrel length?

Smiles,

Reactions: svh

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm looking specifically for a DA/SA pistol in 9mm. This would be for range fun only. Any ideas from anyone are welcome.

I would like a full/duty size, but I have pretty small paws, so I might have to go with a compact or single stack. ( is there such a thing as a stack and a half ? ) There is a gun show next week in my area, and would like to shop around, and hold a few different models, if possible.

Sig SP2022
HK P30
FNX-9
Beretta PX4 Storm

Advice or suggestions from owners of any of these, or any other DA/SA pistols would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
I know you said DA but look at the new Springfield SA35...see how a Hi-power fits in your hands.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Personal preference here is for the Beretta 92 series. Solid and reliable platform. Plenty of accessories available. Good aftermarket support. I really liking the 92A1. Similar to the M9A1 with a few small but significant differences that I prefer. And it has a light rail.
As for the discussion of hand size and how it relates, I wear a men’s large glove and find the length of pull on P226 just a tad too long for my trigger finger. It works and I’m functional I just find the Beretta more comfortable.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would absolutely get one of the Langdon Beretta’s if I were in the market. One with his trigger job, any model would work whether the PX4 or a 92 version. His action tune makes the gun really amazing. I have Sigs and a Wilson Beretta with the action job and it is in a league of its own, Ernest helped train the smiths at Wilson. At the time I didn’t know he was going to come out with his own line or I would have waited for his. A sig 226 or a 229 with a Grays gun action tune would probably be just as nice as Bruce and team are doing fabulous work. Those are my recommendations, good luck
Rick

·
Registered
1 Posts

Sig SP2022
HK P30
FNX-9
Beretta PX4 Storm

Thanks.
My highly recommended choice out of the 4 would be the sp2022. Excellent pistol. I regret selling it to buy a p226. Only thing better than a sp2022 is a p226/p229 in my opinion.

61 - 80 of 115 Posts