1911Forum banner
81 - 100 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm looking specifically for a DA/SA pistol in 9mm. This would be for range fun only. Any ideas from anyone are welcome.

I would like a full/duty size, but I have pretty small paws, so I might have to go with a compact or single stack. ( is there such a thing as a stack and a half ? ) There is a gun show next week in my area, and would like to shop around, and hold a few different models, if possible.

Manual safety is optional, but not preferred

I think I have it narrowed it down to these 4 -

Sig SP2022
HK P30
FNX-9
Beretta PX4 Storm

Advice or suggestions from owners of any of these, or any other DA/SA pistols would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
well I've got two Sig P220's, FNX 45 tactical and a Springfield XDE all in .45acp. I think H&K makes one also

·
Registered
162 Posts
I picked up an LTT Beretta PX4, with trigger job and OP trigger bar, a few months back. It seems like a nice gun, so far.

waiting for Langdon to get their trigger job in a bag for my Springfield XDE. 45

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm looking specifically for a DA/SA pistol in 9mm. This would be for range fun only. Any ideas from anyone are welcome.

I would like a full/duty size, but I have pretty small paws, so I might have to go with a compact or single stack. ( is there such a thing as a stack and a half ? ) There is a gun show next week in my area, and would like to shop around, and hold a few different models, if possible.

Sig SP2022
HK P30
FNX-9
Beretta PX4 Storm

Advice or suggestions from owners of any of these, or any other DA/SA pistols would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
I suggest you try a surplus cz82 in 9mm makarov. I carried one for years and it is a nice size for a double stack. It is also sa/da.

·
Premium Member
7,039 Posts
I suggest you try a surplus cz82 in 9mm makarov. I carried one for years and it is a nice size for a double stack. It is also sa/da.
ha ha Whenever the CZ82 / CZ83 comes up, I'm reminded of this story:

Until seeing the post quoted, it hadn't occurred to me: pretty fixated on commander-sized and bigger, I guess.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sig P210 if you can afford it. I can't but my shooting buddy has one and he let's me shoot it. I had a new CZ75 Omega (?) and it was a great gun but with a 17 round magazine it weight a lot.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Shot a P210A yesterday. Love it. But I am slightly better with CZ Shadow SA with 10X bushing and a Tanfoglio Elite Match. But all three are excellent. And all three are SA only and have straighter triggers than most DA/SA.
My son had a 350.00 Canik for a while. Seemed very solid for the price.

·
Premium Member
490 Posts

Sig SP2022
HK P30
FNX-9
Beretta PX4 Storm

Thanks.
Check out CZ 2075 RAMI for a short IWB. Or CZ75 for full size. Hammer fired. Da/sa

Reactions: tgt_usa

·
Registered
51 Posts
A Sig P226, CZ75 or Beretta 92 are pretty much the gold standards. A few others are great as well.

Many iterations of those so pick your poison.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I know it’s not on your list but consider the CZ75B base model. Get a set of slim grips and you’re set with your small hands. That’s what I do with the CZ75B because I too have small hands.
last year I purchased a STAINLESS CZ-75B CLONE - the 9mm Turkish "Sarsilmaz 2000" for well under $500. It is beautifully made, stainless with Stainless barrel, SA/DA holds 18 rnds & uses Meg Gar CZ-75B Mags, & digests everything.
I really love everything about it - dependable & very accurate. See Photo.
Air gun Grey Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
154 Posts
As many have said, CZ-75 (or a clone).

The Sig P26 is the right lockwork, but likely too big.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Note that here all our pistols are only for the range!

Most shoot CZ Shadow 2 here when they want a DA/SA pistol. A few years ago there were more Tanfoglio pistols. For SA the CZ TS and TS2 is gaining ground previously held by Tanfoglio.

The P210 is nothing like a P226, it's much closer to a modern CZ 75 pistol, but with a far better trigger than any other pistol. The P210 is the most common pistol at the top of the score sheets for our national shooting sports.

Some like the Sig P226, I shoot them well. But I have noticed that some people favor them over everything else. But a P226 with an average P226 trigger is something I'd rather avoid shooting. The P226 X5 or X6 supertarget is more common here than a standard P226.

HK, Beretta 92 and most other pistols are seldom used here.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Sig SP2022
HK P30
FNX-9
Beretta PX4 Storm

Thanks.
May I suggest a Ruger Blackhawk convertible.

·
Registered
190 Posts
A discussion of TDA is incomplete if the CZ75 platform in either full size or compact are not included. Extremely accurate and reliable design that has been around for decades. The Ergonomics of the grip is unsurpassed IMO by those mentioned by the OP.

Admittedly. I have not owned one but 3rd Gen S&W TDA receive a lot of chatter. but they are discontinued which may or may not be a concern for you.
A Shadow 2 is on my short list. Have an old 75 that is amazing. CZ's have the lowest bore axis and in conjunction with all metal very low muzzle rise.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
OP: I don't have experience with any of the pistols you listed, but I would be irresponsible to all things right and holy if I didn't suggest that you try out the CZ-75 first. I don't think it was designed SOLELY for use by people with small(er) hands, but it tends to work well for them.
My next suggestion would be a CZ C-10. It is striker-fired, not DA/SA, but IMMENSELY comfortable in small(er) hands, and a JOY to shoot, at least for the 2 boxes that I had the privilege running through it.

Lastly, I REALLY LOVE your avatar picture! What a comedian he was!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I always wanted a SIG P226, and have had the opportunity to shoot one many times, but I just can't get past hating the trigger. I have a S&W 2nd Gen and it has a horrible trigger as well. I tried the Berreta 92 and did not like that trigger either. The SIG 2022 had a much better trigger in my experience, and the CZ75B pistols have decent triggers for SA/DA pistols. I am afraid that shooting the 1911 has spoiled me for many of the SA/DA pistols. Would you consider a Colt Commander in 9mm? It is not what you stated you were looking for in your original post, but it is a fine shooter for the range.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yeah.. 1911/2011 trigger makes shooter so happy... and then there is a little disappointment shooting all other platforms. 😏

CZ fortunately has option to get Omega trigger which is so nice, especially after some work on it. :giggle:
SIG P226/P229 has great trigger.. but in SAO version. :whistle:
S&W M&P is a perfect one after APEX trigger upgrade. :geek:

But even that... I found 1911/2011 trigger to be the best ever. :love:

·
Registered
8,650 Posts
Personally, I don't believe I have ever tried a DA/SA trigger on any pistol that was as clean and consistent as my single action only 1911 and STI 2011 guns. I carry my self defense pistols "cocked and locked' and use a wide paddle thumb safety, and my triggers have a clean and crisp 3# trigger break from the first to the last shot fired. This helps to maintain accuracy when shooting fast! My STI 2011 race gun has a 2.25# trigger break that is also clean and crisp which I use for USPSA style shooting. The only shooters that I see using a DA/SA pistol in USPSA are novices, or LE shooters using their duty rigs that have a pistol with a DA/SA trigger. IMHO, a DA/SA trigger is more of a handicap than a benefit for any type of pistol shooting. The single action 1911 was used for well over 60 years in the US military forces with excellent success....they moved to the Beretta 9mm to maintain NATO consistency for using the 9mm round, yet some Special OPS teams still used the 1911 .45acp.

·
Registered
487 Posts
last year I purchased a STAINLESS CZ-75B CLONE - the 9mm Turkish "Sarsilmaz 2000" for well under $500. It is beautifully made, stainless with Stainless barrel, SA/DA holds 18 rnds & uses Meg Gar CZ-75B Mags, & digests everything.
I really love everything about it - dependable & very accurate. See Photo. View attachment 622921
TCZ clones are in my view the absolute best value in the market for a full size quality handgun that will function 100% and never wear out. I carried the M9 for duty, have or do own several SA/DA 9mm handguns and can choose any morning what I want for that day. I do not carry a full size gun daily, but stick one in the car or truck while I carry a pocket 9. The big Rugers mentioned about P89, P95, are wonderful shooters. The SW 59, 915 series are also wonderful. The SIgs are the generic by which most are judge. The Storm works well also.

But dollar for dollar there are several of the XCZ clones out there. The one we stumbole on has the plastic frame, big deal, it is as quality a gun that ever existed. The are barely over $300 right now on sale, more if you get the rail and I would. The one pictured above would be at the top of my list. FWIW

81 - 100 of 115 Posts