1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've got a Para Ord with a matte stainless frame, which has picked up a couple of small scratches, just in the matte finish itself, over time. Is there any way to return the matte to its original, non-glossy state? Or do I need to bead blast the whole frame to get a uniform appearance?

Thanks in advance,

-- PG

------------------
ParaOrdnance C7.45 + Glock G36 == Uber Perfection
[bold]"An armed society is a polite society"[/bold]

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Hi Para Glock, weclome to 1911 Forum, I see it's your first post.

I'd say polish-out the scratchs and re-blast. below is a little more input on the subject. Pete
http://www.1911forum.com/ubb/Forum8/HTML/002164.html

------------------
Metal Smith

The only thing I know for sure is what I can measure!
NRA Life Member

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
ParaGlock, Here's a trick I learned awhile back. If the scratches aren't deep, or for scuffed areas, take a piece of sandpaper similar to the grit you would use if you were blasting the gun. Put that piece of sandpaper over the area and tap lightly with a plastic hammer. What it approximates is the impact of blasting in a localized area. It may take some experimentation, but it usually works out pretty well. Good Luck,

------------------
Don Williams www.theactionworks.com www.pickagripcom

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for. The scratches aren't deep enough to "buff out" (it's just a "disturbing" of the matte itself), and I certainly don't want to have to blast the whole frame, if I can avoid it. I'll try the sandpaper hack. :)

-- PG

------------------
Para Ordnance C7.45 + Glock G36 == Uber Perfection
"An armed society is a polite society"

·
Registered
843 Posts
Hey Don, that's a neat idea. Ya know, you'd think a relatively smart guy like me would think of stuff like that once in a while; but nooooooo, n-e-v-e-r!
Good call Don.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts