1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Kimber Combat Carry has has some basic wear on it from holsters and use. I would like to have the frame refinished so it looks new. Suggestions on how to go about this? Send it off and pay a lot of $$$?

·
Banned
7,485 Posts
Why? Planning on entering the pistol in a beauty contest? Ever seen the pistols of Gunsite instructors? :cool:

If you shoot or *** Gasp! *** holster a pistol it'll show wear. It'll also show folks you shoot and holster the pistol and may know how to shoot it. :p

I do love the look of deeply blued and polished pistols. My carry pistols, however, are stainless steel. They wear. They just show it less. They're less likely to rust at the wear points too.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Below is the picture of my Combat Carry with Virgil's Cobra Coat on the frame. I really like the finish - it looks great (much better than dull anodizing), it's a little more slick than anodizing, and it wears well so far. The cost of re-finishing the entire lower (frame and all parts) was under $100 with 7 calendar days turnaround time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts