1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Vendor
8,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
630 Posts
yea I read this yesterday and made the decision I will not be going there anymore.

·
Banned
608 Posts
Myself and a friend got the boot while OC'ing in Regal five or so years ago. Was long before anyone started shooting up theatres.

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
It would seem that without adequate background checks, cameras and other potential privacy issues, that searching patrons might in itself expose the company to possible lawsuits.

·
Premium Member
3,848 Posts
A security guard reached out to search my wife's purse, she kept walking, I got in the way. He decided she didn't have any toast.

Pretty silly to try to prevent bringing toast to "Rocky Horror ...". But trying to prevent patrons from self-defense, priceless.

·
Registered
811 Posts
#1 - who still goes to theaters??
#2 - if you don't want my business, that's one way of saying so.
#3 - I have never understood the need for anyone not going to school or camping to carrying a backpack. NOBODY needs to be carrying that much crap around all the time. I see a backpack, my first thought is "thief" and then degrade from there... a lot of "people" send my alert status to orange, backpack toters are one of them.

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
Folks use the backpacks/large purses and other containers to avoid the $50 snack prices, which is also against the rules.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
People are often misguided. They want good things: Safety, security, comfort. But they often ignore common sense in the pursuit of those things. Apparently, the folks running Regal Cinemas are of that same mindset. The company already bans guns in their theaters, according to a 2013 letter to Second Amendment Check. In a recent move[.....]

The post Regal Cinemas Wants to Search Your Purse or Backpack appeared first on AllOutdoor.com.

Read the full article here...
That "no guns" sign on their entrance is about as unforceful as a no gun zone.
They mean nothing to a concealed carrier.
That's why it's called "concealed"

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I carry past the signs all day long with the caveat that there's no criminal penalty in Missouri, for doing so. At best it's trespass but you have to be asked to leave first, and refuse to do so.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Whether 2015 or 2020 the 4th Amendment is still in force!

Of course observe the "no guns" at Federal facilities!

Smiles,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.