Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Administrator
73,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Attn: members,

There seems to be a bit of confusion regarding threads asking for appraisals on firearms. First off, please be aware that posting guns for sale is STRICTLY prohibited on this forum. That includes the use of creative diversions such as "I'm thinking of selling my 1911, what is it worth?", or "This pistol really needs a good home". There are plenty of warnings about this scattered throughout the forum, including the initial list of rules that you agreed to when you signed up. Deliberately breaking this rule will result in moderator action which may mean being banned from this site.

That having been said we do understand that as gun owners (especially those of us discussing older collectibles) the question of value and a request for an informal appraisal is a logical topic of discussion. Therefore value inquiries are permitted so long as the question is simply a matter of establishing value and no mention is made of any intent to sell or trade the weapon in question either here or elsewhere.

Subsequent posters who make an offer to buy, or who try to twist the subject into a "for sale" thread will also get into trouble with the mods. I've seen before where someone came here simply to ask about value, and another member spilled the beans by mentioning they saw the original poster's firearm for sale on another forum. It's not your business whether it's for sale or not, so please don't ruin it for the original poster.

Thank you for your understanding.

P.S. Forum rules also prohibit new members with less than 45 posts from posting general WTB/WTS ads. If you have under 45 posts you can inquire about the value of components you may have, but not solicit offers to sell.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.