1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
i dont understand why there is a line. You simply fill out a form from the states website, fill it out properly, and mail it in. If you do not have a receipt to show date of purchase, or an RS3, you need an affadaifit that needs to be notarized. Theres no need to go wait in any lines.

·
Registered
215 Posts
i dont understand why there is a line. You simply fill out a form from the states website, fill it out properly, and mail it in. If you do not have a receipt to show date of purchase, or an RS3, you need an affadaifit that needs to be notarized. Theres no need to go wait in any lines.
Agreed. That's the route I took (print the online form and mail it in, along with a notarized affidavit for mags of +10). A guy called into a radio show and said he waited 3+ hours but the line was also for pistol permit renewals and some hunting licenses/stamps. Once inside the building and through the metal detector/security, the lines split to reveal the different purposes. This location is the ONLY one I know of in CT to accomplish the State's hoop drills.

I know I feel much better with the new law - as it would turn law abiding citizens, who possess legally purchased AR's and 'hi-cap' magazines, into Class D felons for non-compliance. This must fall under - 'shall not be infringed' I guess....:mummy: Thanks God Senator Richard Blumenthal is out there giving press conferences over the airlines shrinking seat sizes.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I considered getting my CT carry permit UNTIL I read all the places one cannot carry. So I went back to my old plan of "not visiting CT."

Sorry for you bro.....it's only going to get worse.

·
Registered
244 Posts
The notaries must be doing record business .

In any event, the problem with registration goes beyond the direct violation of the 2nd Amendment.What happens after the next spree shooting? What happens when someone proposes the next budget deficit should be balanced on the wallets of gun owners?

One the police have direct info on who owns guns , the taxman cometh right soon.

There is no "idiots guide to solidifying power", but if there were Chapter One would be "Disarming Those Who'd Oppose Your Rule". It says something about the Conneticutt government that they want to be the only ones armed.I wouldn't stick around to find out why.

·
Registered
422 Posts
States like CT, NY, NJ and others controlled by democrats have become more evil and oppressive. I wish people in those states would not obey these guns laws. They are clearly against our constitution. Our current administation is jumping for joy at this happening.

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't forget that now the LE Community knows you are in possession of an "Assault" weapon, they will have no problem acquiring No-Knock warrants should they have to pay you a visit.

·
Registered
24,389 Posts
One can only wonder.

Now that they know where they all are. how long will it be before they come around to round them all up for destruction?

·
Premium Member
9,656 Posts
Before our fellow members trash those living in places like Connecticut, please remember that very few want to go to prison in defense of our rights. You all can pass judgement if you'd like, but remember, you aren't in their position. It's easy to second guess the actions of others and thump your chests, saying "I would never do such a thing and those that do are cowards!"

Perhaps one should walk a mile in their shoes before passing judgement.

In any event, we do not allow name calling on this forum, so those posts are getting deleted. Tread carefully on this subject folks. If it even comes close to name calling your post will be deleted. Might just earn yourself a time out too.

·
Premium Member
9,656 Posts
I am not a lawyer. But would this not make that law illegal?
It would be an ex post facto law if they arrested someone for their previous ownership of the guns in question.

It would also be a Constitutional violation if one were deprived of their property without due process of law, but thus far, the Courts have allowed laws making possession of property illegal after a certain date (New York comes to mind). I believe the Courts should strike down these laws, but they don't consult me for my opinion on these (or other) matters.

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
To thearmedrebel; thank you for your defense of us poor suffering gun owners in CT. The fact is that in CT, NY, NJ, CA and other states dominated by the Democrats and their allies in the public employes unions and the dependant class, gun laws will continue to become more stringent. Citizens of those states can complain all they want, but the cold, hard truth is either stay there and accept the situation or go to a state more attendant to the Constitution. We'll be here as long as we have to and no longer.

·
Administrator
18,611 Posts
There is another way. Fight back. Organize. Much like what was done in Colorado.

And consider Ghandi and Martin Luther King's way...that of civil disobedience.

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
There is another way. Fight back. Organize. Much like what was done in Colorado.

And consider Ghandi and Martin Luther King's way...that of civil disobedience.
^^^^^^^This Right Here^^^^^^^^^^^

LW is right. Gun owners in CT, NY, etc... can learn quite a bit from the folks in Colorado.

Finally, if the legislative process fails then following the examples of Gandhi, King and Parks should be a no brainer. Getting in line like sheep is a slap in the face of the founders and what they sacrificed in order give their progeny liberty.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I believe the Courts should strike down these laws, but they don't consult me for my opinion on these (or other) matters.
Same thing with me, they never ask me a thing. :)

·
Administrator
18,611 Posts
Same thing with me, they never ask me a thing. :)
That's become part and parcel with what is wrong with the "silent majority"...that is we (a collectively "we") expect the cavalry to ride over the hill to save us.

News flash: It ain't happening. The Founders knew that it would ultimately be up the people...of the people, by the people and for the people...to determine our way.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Before our fellow members trash those living in places like Connecticut, please remember that very few want to go to prison in defense of our rights. You all can pass judgement if you'd like, but remember, you aren't in their position. It's easy to second guess the actions of others and thump your chests, saying "I would never do such a thing and those that do are cowards!"

Perhaps one should walk a mile in their shoes before passing judgement.

In any event, we do not allow name calling on this forum, so those posts are getting deleted. Tread carefully on this subject folks. If it even comes close to name calling your post will be deleted. Might just earn yourself a time out too.
I used to live in Chicago. My choices were to either singlehandedly take on millions of deluded Democrat voters and the most powerful political machine in America in order to force the government to recognize my RKBA ....

... or grab one of these and split to someplace which already does.

I'm not calling anyone a coward , not in the least. But those who register in CT and other states are fooling themselves if they think that's the last time the government will come knocking. What happens after the next mass shooting?

·
Registered
422 Posts
I don't know if this has been discussed, but since these new guns laws are unconstitutional, why can't a class action lawsuit be brought in each state. There are certainly a lot of people affected by the laws who would be the plaintiffs. The states are just going along like all is just fine and they are doing nothing wrong. It makes me so :mad:

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
That's become part and parcel with what is wrong with the "silent majority"...that is we (a collectively "we") expect the cavalry to ride over the hill to save us.

News flash: It ain't happening. The Founders knew that it would ultimately be up the people...of the people, by the people and for the people...to determine our way.
I agree, my statement above was in jest. It is time we start letting them know.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts