1911Forum banner

Regular .45 frame: Favorite mainspring housing?

556 Views 16 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  Sierra 49er
Title says it all; what's your favorite / most comfortable mainspring housing of choice? Trying to gussy up my regular old Springer GI with something that's not too flashy, but smooth on the palm.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
3,732 Posts
Title says it all; what's your favorite / most comfortable mainspring housing of choice? Trying to gussy up my regular old Springer GI with something that's not too flashy, but smooth on the palm.
I think you just said it. If you want it smoother on the palm, you'd probably be happier with any number of flat mainspring housings...from completely smooth to relatively rough checkering. I prefer the rougher 20-lpi checkering...but companies like Ed Brown make a lot in between with their "Chainlink" and "Snakeskin" patterns. etc.

I'm fine with standard A1 configs with short triggers and arched housings, but I prefer a longer trigger and flat, aggressive checkered housings. I wasted a lot of money on parts figuring that out. But that's only me (y)

They also make a wedge-shaped housing that you might like, but I haven't tried one.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts