1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Once again featuring Pete's perfect 25 LPI checkering.

This is my version of a Rodger's fighting gun. I wanted to try and emulate how Bob builds his guns, while still being a Reid gun.

For those of you who don't know, Bob is an old fly fishing guide. I grew up bass fishing on the creek. So I thought the dry flies and lures helped mirror this build pretty well.

The picture was on the camera, so I figured I would add a gratuitous picture of the cotton fields around my house :)

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I generally don't spend much time looking at 1911s made by people I never heard of. I am certainly going to re-think that.

Sir, your work is outstanding.

ML

·
Registered
784 Posts
perfect as usual and like I have said before and will say again---Damn that is just unbelievable fitment on the gs.Nice job and are you still taking spots for 2014?

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Jeremy, Bob has to feel a certain sense of pride with every new gun of yours, but this one's just flat gorgeous.

The grip safety fit is outstanding, and there's no question that you've nailed the Rodgers hard use dehorn some time ago.

Great work…again!

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Fine work there, Sir. Interesting what you've done to the barrel hood. Is that done purely aesthetically or does it serve a purpose? Quite unique!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Outstanding work....again!

·
Premium Member
9,656 Posts
Exquisite, as usual. Your attention to detail is amazing.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
I generally don't spend much time looking at 1911s made by people I never heard of. I am certainly going to re-think that.

Sir, your work is outstanding.

ML
Some dumbarse once said that about Rogers, Rodgers, and Harrison's early endeavors as well. :)

I always do like to see a pic of hammer back, safety on. Though I can't imagine with that great attention to detail, that any of the hole in the frame would show.

Bob

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
It's OK but I think you could have fit the grip safety a little better :)

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Another one I wish was mine. Nice Jeremy, nice.
But how does it shoot? No targets?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts