1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got to shoot a friends Reising SMG this weekend. For those that aren't to keen on WW2 era weapons, this was a stop-gap SMG produced to cover the overwhelming demand for Thompsons. It was not very popular with the troops due to it's propensity to jam if it got the least bit of foriegn matter in the action.
That being said, this gun is a blast! It would be a great home defense weapon, since that would be a cleaner enviroment, as opposed to the battlefield. Recoil is low, muzzle climb is manageable. Accuarcy is awesome at 25 yards, (the maximum length of the range I shoot at.) All in all, I would love to have one, if I could get past the $2000 price tag for a Full Auto one, the $200 tax, and could find an ammo truck full of .45 ACP.

Steve

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Yeah; for me, getting into such toys would be more of a matter of the cost of ammo than anything else.

Most people can, if they really want to, muster, save, scrounge (sell!), accumilate a couple of K for something (and an extra $200 for the tax). But feeding the thing is another matter altogether!

·
Registered
114 Posts
didn't know those things were still around--they were issued to the marines and coast guard, that i know of, in ww2--since i was on a cg cutter at normandy, i know that we had them as issue units(along with 1911 45's--glad to see some younger fellows are enjoying old pieces--you are right about the ammo as they can eat it up--when uncle sam was paying that was a different story

1 - 3 of 3 Posts