1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Cousin inherited a bunch (like 10) different surplus guns from his father. he has swiss, belgian, french, german, and japaneese guns. Is ther a website or book that would give good info on value? Any help would be nice.

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Go To:

1. You can look at gun broker or auction arms or guns america to see what the current asking prices are.

OR

2. www.gunboards.com and ask what the current prices are in each country of origin.

OR

3. Send me a message and a list of what you have and i can give you an idea of what there worth.

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
research EACH gun carefully, you could have a bunch of $300 guns with a $3000 pistol hiding in there. or the other way around.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
There are

lots of books on the subject. I'd start with a general all-inclusive sort of guide to get an idea of what everything is and what prices to expect. From there I'd look on gunboards and gunbroker to figure out what they are going for now. Some things are always sought after, and some things are plentiful in the market already and won't get what they are valued at. It all depends.

The book I got from an online bookstore is:

"Standard Catalog of Military Firearms: The Collector Price and Reference Guide" by Phillip Peterson. I have the fourth edition, don't know if they've put out a newer one yet, but it's pretty good overall for general history and price ranges.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts