1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While cleaning up the garage this past weekend I found a box containing bunch of magazines including 8 new (never used by me) 13 round Indian Inglis "R" marked magazines. Are these magazines generally reliable enough to use for self defense purpose or are they just "range mag" quality?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Can't say, but, I don't think I would use My Indian HP for defense as the quality is spotty on these guns. Mags, I would say use them as range mags and gather some reliabilty data of your own. Possible use Wolff springs in them. Do trial and error but not with your carry gun/mags.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have two of those Indian Hi-Powers and about ten of the Indian mags. Think that I got the guns and mags from Dan's (?) awhile back. The axis pin that holds the trigger in place had a tendency to shift around on both guns. I peened the ends of the pin to solve that

Never had a problem with the Indian magazines in the Indian guns or in a Browning MkIII Hi-Power.

·
Registered
417 Posts
A good cleaning and 200+ rounds through my only "R" mag cured it's bad behavior, but I would still not use it as a carry mag. For HP carry I will only use original factory FN, Inglis, or Mecgar mags.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Although my three Indian type "R" mags have never failed to function, I won't use them for anything but range use.

They are slightly more difficult to load than my FN, Browning or MecGar magazines. Pretty rough on the inside of the mag body. Maybe a pass through with a small polishing wheel will smooth things out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts