1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen several threads busting micro's for malfunctioning at 80+ rounds at the range. I've seen alot of others saying that they've never malfunction (up to 1500 rounds). Most of the threads I've read at various sites are in favor of the micro. Does it really matter. If a clean micro will fire 20 rounds in a needed situation, it does what is required. The things were designed for concealed carry. Battle situations are not required. The most you could ever fire in a self defense mode is 20 rounds. I have a Ruger KP90 45 and I love it. It will fire round after round with no misfires. However, I am looking for a small CWP. I love the Mico Springfield from handling it at the dealer. Why would I not buy it based on these guys saying it won't fire reliably after 80+ rounds. I also reload, but for range use only. Any feedback? Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I believe the Micros are designed for self defense situations where you may/might not need anything more than 150 rounds. I would try to find out WHY it won't go as far as you want it too. Perhaps you don't lube your rails and barrel hood enough? Check it out and try it again. When I mean lube I mean do you use oil or grease to lube your pistol?

rimfire,22

·
Registered
89 Posts
Love my Micro, but had to send it back to SA. They made it flawless, and sent back a test target at 25 yards with a 1 1/2" grouping. Now I can't do a 1 1/2" group at 25 yards, but yesterday I put 100 rounds through it, and not one malfunction.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I've heard

some of the same things about the Micro not being reliable (mostly in this forum), even some that go so far as to say anything shorter than a 5" barrel is asking for trouble in the 1911 pattern. I have an Ultra Compact (3.5" barrel) that has been troublefree from day one... I have noted that some pistoleros that aren't familiar with the recoil of the .45 round (that I let try it out, a family member or 2) did limp-wrist a bit, which would cause a FTF sometimes... 100% functional in my hands and other experienced shooters. Maybe some of the issues w/ the micro have to do with the decreased mass of the gun... maybe not.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I too have an Ultra Compact that I got back in Nov 03, and I now have about 1500 rounds through it without failure. I have shot 300 rounds through it in one day at the range. I love this gun so much I have started reloading so I can shoot it more:biglaugh:

·
Registered
267 Posts
I bought my Two-Tone micro for duty use in plain clothes and I love the gun. I haven't had a failure with this gun while shooting it. The size, weight, and firepower are outstanding. The only item I changed was I added an extended slide release.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a Loaded Ultra Compact and Loaded Micro Compact. The Micro had to be sent back to SA for reliability and POA/POI problems. It has been totally reliable since I got it back. My Ulltra has been 100% reliable since day one. Whoever says a 1911 in the smaller package cannot be reliable is wrong. What I am saying is they may not all be perfect out of the box but they sure can be with a little TLC.

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
In 1911's, smaller than government or tighter than milspecs is the same as less reliable.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
In 1911's, smaller than government or tighter than milspecs is the same as less reliable.
You might get away with saying something that crazy over at THR, but I don't think the 1911forum crowd is interested.

Somehow (I really don't know how), Baer makes a gun that feels glued shut and runs like a top. And there's nothing wrong with a Commander-sized 1911.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts