1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question: Would anyone care to give their opinion on the reliability and quality of StrayerVoight 1911's compared to Wilson or Baer or Kimber models?

Thanks

------------------
"ad maiorem Dei gloriam"

·
Registered
585 Posts
IMHO, SV guns are the cream of a very good crop.

I personally like the integral plunger tube of the SVs.

IMHO Sandy Strayer has as good or better knowledge of correct slide, frame and barrel manufacture and fitting as anyone in the industry.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have an Infinity Limited in 40 cal. It is absolutely wonderful and functions flawlessy.The fit and finnish of all parts are great. A real thrill to have and use. Expensive, but worth it if you can spare the cash. I have also recently bought a Thunder Ranch Special and am equally impressed with it. These two guns are different in many ways with respect to components and use, but both shoot great and put a smile on my face every time I use them.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Robe, if you don't mind me asking what did you pay for it?

------------------
"ad maiorem Dei gloriam"

·
Registered
215 Posts
I bought mine from a "motivated" dealer who, I think, had alot of money in new custom guns and needed to sell. I'd rather not post actual price. Email me privately with a return email and I'll give meore info.

·
Registered
188 Posts
www.k2-sports.com has a very nice collection of them and can do almost anything you want done to one there in his shop. I think he told me the base price of the cheapest one was 1500.00 for a blue full size. They are very sweet guns.

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you by an SV ypu won't regret it. Their quality is excellent. I have been running my SV limitd gun for 2 years and nver even had a bobble. They excellent weapons. The obly bad this is that you have to wait to get them, but it will be worth it in the end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts