1911Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never seem to hear much talk about 10 rounders. Is there a good reason for this, such as feed problems?

What 10rd mags have a good reputation for reliability?

CMCs or Wilsons any good? Any other good ones?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have used 10rd. wilson mags with great satasfaction in a colt govt. model. I have replaced it with a springfield 'gm' and no good. Wilson mags will not lock the slide after last round. Wilson mags have a plastic follower which wilson reccomended I renew. Still no good. So, off to the store and new wilson mags will function. New ones are different! Wilsons did neglect to tell me that. Now I am telling you.

G

·
Joe D said:
I have had good results with both CMC and Wilson. If I had to choose it would be Wilson.
Bingo, I have three of each.

If I had to choose it would be Wilson because of the followers. They just fit the magazine better and seem to ride better inside the magazine. Very little tilt.

Having said that I've had ZERO trouble with either brand.

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,420 Posts
I've been using Shooting Star 10-rounders, every weekend, for a couple of years. My "tactical tens", no longer made by CMC, began acting up; the top round in the mag was sliding forward, preventing the bullet from clearing the slide stop - the mags wouldn't eject. McCormick no longers services those mags, so they offer to swap them two-for-one for Power Mags. I have one 10-round PM now, and it has worked perfectly for about six months (of course, the tactical tens worked perfectly for two years . . .).
I bought one Wilson 8-rounder, about ten years ago, and it wouldn't lock the slide, so I haven't tried them again, since. If they're new and improved, I might give them another try.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Brass balls, what type overinsertion stop do the metalform 10's have? Curious about contact at the front of the mag well.

RickB, what brand pistol did you have slide lock problems with?

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,420 Posts
RickB, what brand pistol did you have slide lock problems with? [/B][/QUOTE]

Colt(s)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts