1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to start reloading. What are the best books out there to get for reloading. I think the ABC's is the first, What are the other good ones to start with. I will be loading ,.45 acp, 40 S&W, 9mm luger.

Thanks

·
Registered
309 Posts
When I first got into reloading just a couple of years ago I bought Lyman's #47 manual. The reloading equipment I got from an uncle already had Speer #8 and Speer #11 with it. I think you'd be well served with the latest Speer and Lyman manuals. Also, both Hodgdon and Alliant have data online which I use frequently.

Hope that helps,
Mike

·
Banned
12,388 Posts
ABC's of Reloading, Lyman Reloading Handbook (and/or Pistol and Revolver Handbook if you're not interested in rifle), Modern Reloading, Hodgdon, Speer, Sierra. The first two are the most complete and the most non-commercial.

BY ALL MEANS get the latest version of the manual if you can find it. Powders and bullets and primers do change over the years. So does the equipment. So does the industry. The latest manual will serve you longer.

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
When I first got into reloading just a couple of years ago I bought Lyman's #47 manual. The reloading equipment I got from an uncle already had Speer #8 and Speer #11 with it. I think you'd be well served with the latest Speer and Lyman manuals. Also, both Hodgdon and Alliant have data online which I use frequently.

Hope that helps,
Mike
+1
I started with the #46 Lyman and have Speer's #11 and #12. Also use Hodgdon's #26. Lot's of good stuff on-line now. I especially like Alliant's website.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My two cents, I really like the Lyman reloading manuals for their extensive load listings for both jacketed and lead bullets.

I've found their data pretty good as a guide. I have used it for 10+ years loading 357, 38, 45acp and 44mag.

Good luck!:)

·
Registered
15,317 Posts
ABC = notferme

I recommend Lyman's Pistol & Revolver, the Sierra, Speer, and Accurate manuals, and data pamphlets from everybody.....

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
The latest Speer manual is a good one to start with. You can pick up the manuals for different powder manufacturers wherever you buy your powder. Those are good supplements to the Speer book.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts