1911Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all. I am aware that reloading has been deleated from this forum, however, can any of you fine folks recomend a reloading forum that is as good as this forum? I am fairly new to reloading and am having a blast with it, too bad it got removed, though I am sure for logical reasons, but if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated, I value the information obtained from this forum. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,150 Posts
heres a winchester reloading site, seems a little scary to download, I guess powder companies sell cd,s now,
http://winchester-reloading-data.gov.ioust.net/
heres one for hodgdon
http://www.hodgdon.com/data/pistol/longshot/index.htm
theres alot of free info out there and its your fault if you use their info and
blow your slide into your skull! that brings up a thought, who has to listen
to anyones reloading advice?
also if you can afford the guns you own and the reloading equipment, then why the hell can't anyone afford the reloading manuals?????
:scratch:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
Try these forums

http://www.reloadbench.com/main.html

http://www.thehighroad.org/

Going to the powder manufacturers is always a good idea

http://www.hodgdon.com/data/index.php

http://www.accuratearms.com/Products.htm

http://www.alliantpowder.com/

http://www.imrpowder.com/

http://www.vihtavuori-lapua.com/

Most of us have never posted a load beyond what's published in the manuals. So leaving the "Reloading Bench" unavailable with the comment "Never" is a slap in the face every time we enter the forum. Just get rid of it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
A really good reloading site with a bunch of wise, experianced reloaders is www.handloads.com.
I've been on that forum for a couple of years now, and the old guard there will chirp in if someone lists anything dangerous.
The site has a lot of published loads from the bullet & powder manufacturers, along with member's own load data. There's also a forum dedicated to casting bullets, general discussion, politics, and a Buy/Sell/Trade forum along with a few others......

If you're serious about reloading, this is a good place to go......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
491 Posts
Reloading Information

Check www.brianenos.com/ there is a forum for reloading, pretty informative and has lot of information on Dillon reloading presses.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,836 Posts
My advice, break down and buy (Remember that? You use money.) a reloading manual. It is easier to use than a web site, has the data at a glance, and has a lot of general reloading information that you probably need.

Further, the info is proof read many times, and the data is tested. If I give you a reload on line and mistype the charge amount or the powder number, you could have a big problem.

Jim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
238 Posts
Jim Keenan said:
My advice, break down and buy (Remember that? You use money.) a reloading manual. It is easier to use than a web site, has the data at a glance, and has a lot of general reloading information that you probably need.

Further, the info is proof read many times, and the data is tested. If I give you a reload on line and mistype the charge amount or the powder number, you could have a big problem.

Jim
Jim - I'm a new loader early this year, and was told the same thing. I did buy two manuals, and they're absolutely useless in comparison with various online resources for what I'm doing -- progressive loading of specific pistol calibers for IPSC.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Boo,

If you are reloading for IPSC/UPSA then you really do not need to go any further than brianenos.com as this site is specific for USPSA/IPSC.

But if you want more then try IPSCvillage.com, or go a google search for Jeff Maass web site that has pages of competition loads.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
238 Posts
toddrod said:
Boo,

If you are reloading for IPSC/UPSA then you really do not need to go any further than brianenos.com as this site is specific for USPSA/IPSC.

But if you want more then try IPSCvillage.com, or go a google search for Jeff Maass web site that has pages of competition loads.
Todd -- I agree -- that's a great site, and one I visit often!

My only point is that there's "hand loading," or "reloading" as a hobby and interest, and that there's also "reloading" to create a vast amount of ammo, as painlessly as possible, that meets certain performance specifications.

The two aren't synonymous, and most, if not ALL, of the published manuals are geared towards the former. At least that's been my observation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
I agree with you Boo. When I first started shooting USPSA I "handloaded" and chrono'ed many loads unitil I found the loads that I needed to compete. Now, I "reload" in volume, 4-5000 rounds at a time on a Dillon Square Deal B, which will soon be upgraded to a 650 XL. If you need any info on 9mm, 40 and 45 loads for USPSA just PM me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
bud41 said:
heres a winchester reloading site, seems a little scary to download, I guess powder companies sell cd,s now,
http://winchester-reloading-data.gov.ioust.net/
heres one for hodgdon
http://www.hodgdon.com/data/pistol/longshot/index.htm
theres alot of free info out there and its your fault if you use their info and
blow your slide into your skull! that brings up a thought, who has to listen
to anyones reloading advice?
also if you can afford the guns you own and the reloading equipment, then why the hell can't anyone afford the reloading manuals?????
:scratch:

uh ok what the hell? i clicked on that first link and my anti virus software detected not one, not two, but three incoming viruses!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,150 Posts
Hades2662 said:
uh ok what the hell? i clicked on that first link and my anti virus software detected not one, not two, but three incoming viruses!
uh ok, i didnt make those sites, and i said the one was a scary sownload,
yes I'm the government trying to get you!!!!!
:mummy: :rock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
well im assuming that you didnt actually allow the download yourself? therefore, you never actually saw the site and was suspicious of it. why post the link then? :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Hades2662 said:
well im assuming that you didnt actually allow the download yourself? therefore, you never actually saw the site and was suspicious of it. why post the link then? :confused:
Please stop or these moderators won't allow links anymore. I'm sorry, I can't stop laughing. No reloading section, rules posted all over about what you can and can not post.

I'm not trying to flame anybody or start anything but I've never seen anything like this.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top