1911Forum banner

Reloading Keith Style .44 Hard Cast.

3369 Views 61 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  Michael W Cuber
Bag Luggage and bags Textile Grey Air gun

Ordering some 260 gr Keith Style Flat Base from Rim Rock Bullets, and was wondering if anyone has loaded these bullets, or a similiar 260 gr bullet?
I’m loading for a Taurus M-44, and I’m not looking for max loads with H-110, but will be loading with CFE Pistol, and Unique. Don’t think the Taurus is equal in strength to a 29 Smith and certainly nothing like a Redhawk, but would like to work up some loads in the 1100-1150 fps range that won’t put any undue stress on the Taurus .44, so I’d be interested in anyones experience loading this bullet, or for a similiar Taurus .44 Mag. I’m really looking for a bigger hammer than 180’s in my Service Six without having to buy a new revolver!
See less See more
Reactions: 2
1 - 2 of 62 Posts
It is a SS handgun so wasn't selling quick enough for Murdocks in Missoula. They red tagged this one for 449.00 NIB out the door. I couldn't pass it up. Numbered line bored cylinder. Their Competition Ready model for the SASS crowd. To me, it is the perfect woods gun for knocking around or horse packing.

I just pretend it is a custom nickel plated Colt. This works for me LOL I had Jeff Morrow saddle maker build a simple cross draw holster for it View attachment 660157
View attachment 660156
I was reading some info on these revolvers. It does mention that the cylinders and frames were paired together before assembly. The cylinders are numbered. But it made no mention of them being line bored.
Reactions: 1
The gun pictured shows "El Patron". Those are Uberti guns not USFA I believe. I have one of the USFA Rodeos in 45 Colt.
Reactions: 1
1 - 2 of 62 Posts