1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which Reloading Manual?

·
Registered
15,317 Posts
JUST ONE?

Hodgdon's latest.

I have more than one because my brain is bigger than one.
I have many books, and pamphlets, and data.
Lots.
Tons.
Think 'library'.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I could only vote for the Hornady manual, well because that's the only I have and have used for 8 years now :D

They only list their brand of bullets in the projectile listing but that's a pretty trivial matter. The little Lee load data spec sheets that come with their dies are helpful at times but IMO greatly conflict with my Hornady manual. I never load to max or near max pressures, so for me the Hornady book is "good 'nuff" for me.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I checked Lyman's, that's the last one I bought, and I think its the most useful. I also use Winchester's pamphlet as well as having an old copy of the ABC's of Reloading.

later,
AJ

·
Registered
422 Posts
I don't see how anyone can vote for just one. I get the powder mfg. pamphlet type books each year at the gun shows. One of each does just fine. Remember, the data is everchanging. This way I stay current for free.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I voted Hornady because it's the one I use most. I load mostly Hornady bullets and I think their data is well developed.

#2 for me is Accurate Arms followed by Lyman, Speer and various load notes off the net or from powder suppliers.

AA is #2 because I have a preference for their powders, Lyman is #3 because when in doubt you can almost always find a powder / bullet combo for most calibers.

·
Registered
356 Posts
The New Serria book is very nice.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have ABC's of Reloading and Modern Reloading. Prolly gonna pick up another one soon. I plan to get as many as I have room to store.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I have more than dozen. If I could have only one it would be Lyman. One from each of the powder manufactures is a good idea.

Eddie

1 - 13 of 13 Posts