1911Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at wally world the other day and bought some more winchester white 100 rnd packs and i noticed next to them where remington 100 rnd boxes of hollowpoints for 26.00. I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on these rounds? Seems awful cheap for a decent hollowpoint, if they are decent. If they are any count i thought about picking up a few boxes just to stock up on. Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks CCV! I was just wondering if there was any info on the exspansion and retention. And no i do not live in New Orleans and can't see as that i would ever want to. I live in the country now and can't stand the city. But i do believe in keeping a decent amount of ammo for all your guns. Plus with as many rounds as my friends and family go through just practicing and having a good time i need plenty on hand.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I don't have any additional info other than the rounds feed well (typical Remington) and the load is quite accurate in my Les Baer PII Tactical and my Rock River Elite Commando.

I'd suggest you buy a box and try them. Since you live in the country, take some 1 gallon plastic jugs (milk jugs work well), fill them with water, and line four or five jugs in a row. Shoot straight into the jugs and if they expand well you'll recover the bullet in the third or fourth jug. Scientific? Probably not, but it's fun and give you a good idea how the bullet will hold together.

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
I think if you carry your gun for self defense (whether from the two or four legged critters), you owe it to yourself to shoot at least a couple hundred rounds through your weapon to make sure it is reliable. I suspect many people are carrying those high dollar** rounds everyone is raving about, without actually testing more than a dozen rounds.

Sounds like a good deal to me, if you are satisfied with the performance.

** Insert name of the moment.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CCV that is an excellent idea! I never really thought of that although i have heard of it. We are always looking for some sort of new target. Mike i certianly agree with you on your point. I cannot really afford high dollar ammo just to be running through my pistol, that is why i was thinking about the Remington's. I load my .357 with hydra-shocks, but i have honestly only shot a handful of them out of it because of the cost factor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.