1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 610 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Here's mine. Couple of changes. I prefer long triggers, so that was an easy fix. Also added a Brown bushing as the SS one just wasn't "right" to my eyes. It fitted perfectly.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
What size innertube is that? I am looking really hard at teh Remy 1911 because that is what I was issued and carried for a few years in the Corps back before they made us turn them in for crap 9mm's
That Remington you were issued was Remington Rand, not Remington Arms. Think typewriters.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oh I know that, but the parent company was and is again Remington. It just seems to be a nice way to give a nod back to my roots where 45's are concerned. Of course finding an old Remington Rand would be cool, but we all know that would be at best a worn slide/frame issue as well as more than likely a lot of cost so these offer a neat way to go.
I like these new Remy 1911's. They have the good stuff that makes a 45 work well already done with a minimum of go fast parts. For what they cost, a guy could buy two instead of one of the $1200 'other brands' and have a really nice shooting pair of 45's

·
Registered
188 Posts
Here's my R1. Started out bone stock, but had to replace the squishy short trigger, gawd-awful SS bushing, and add a ambi-safety (a must for us southpaws).

What I added was primarily Swenson parts, save the ambi-safety and that's Wilson Combat.

This is the first 1911 with a standard grip safety that didn't draw blood after 5 shots. She's definitely a keeper. Internally, I put in a new sear and trigger. I also had to replace one part of the FP safety, as one piece fell out on reassembly and stubbornly would not be found until two days ago.

BTW, look out for the plunger pin. When you remove the safety, it tends to want to go airborne, and it does so rather quickly. Fortunately, I was able to locate it every time (unlike the FP safety part) with in a minute or two of hearing it ricochet around the room. I've really got to get me that safety removal tool.

·
Registered
8,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
from this:

and after fitting an Ed Brown grip safety, still have some detail work to do to it, but i got impatient and wanted to see what it looked like. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
8,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks!!!

i fit an Ed Brown grip safety. i probably have ~6hours of fitting for that alone using just files and sandpaper. at least the hard part is done, so when the rest of my parts come in it'll only be an hour or 2 left of work. then i'll need to get it refinished. the beavertail is just cold blue for right now.

1 - 20 of 610 Posts