1911Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
I was looking at an R1 and the GSG 1911-22, but ended up buying a beautiful Ruger MK2 22/45. Now after reading of the headaches with the R1 and GSG, I am even happier that I went with the Ruger.

I think I may try to find a .22lr conversion kit that will work on my Taurus PT1911 instead of a dedicated 1911 in .22lr

·
Registered
1 Posts
this will be the second time i had to send my r1 back in. The first time they ground the front sight down and failed to recoat it with anything. So when i got it back the sight was already covered in rust. So i called them and they agreed to put the r1 enhanced sights on it for no cost. That was 2 weeks ago that i sent it in and no gun yet. So i called them and they said that i didnt send a letter with the gun and that i gave them the wrong contact info which sounded a little fishy to me because i had talked to them before i sent the gun back in and the lady on the phone repeated my number back to me 4 time throughout the conversaion. The letter with setting under the gun in the case that is originally came in. Now im going on 3 weeks and still no gun. Not impressed with remington or e-rpc will deff. not be buying anymore remingtons after this.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Had an issue with my new R1. Called Remington- customer service rep answered quickly and had me ship it back. Mailed me a prepaid envelope/mailer I had 2 days later. They did forget the form to fill out but just wrote a letter with my contact info on it anyway. No big deal. Gun was overnighted, they had it exactly 7 days and it will be delivered back to me today. Total time without the pistol- 9 days and shipping didnt cost a dime. So far extremely happy with Remington's CS and hoping they got the pistol fixed........have a few hundred rounds ready for some range time to test it out tomorrow-

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wow, what a thread! I have a brand new Para GI-LTC (that I never fired 1 round out of) on the way to Para to repair a hung hammer. I was looking at the Remington R1S today and was going back to purchase it tonight - Now I'm not so sure. Wonder of they've "de-bugged" them by now. Too bad some of you fellas didn't give an after action report.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Wow, what a thread! I have a brand new Para GI-LTC (that I never fired 1 round out of) on the way to Para to repair a hung hammer. I was looking at the Remington R1S today and was going back to purchase it tonight - Now I'm not so sure. Wonder of they've "de-bugged" them by now. Too bad some of you fellas didn't give an after action report.
Look it over real good before you buy it. Check trigger pull, grip safety. If it doesn't look right or feel right don't buy it. I've been lucky with their customer service and factory repairs, others haven't.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Look it over real good before you buy it. Check trigger pull, grip safety. If it doesn't look right or feel right don't buy it. I've been lucky with their customer service and factory repairs, others haven't.
Thank you, I did what you recommended, and I didn't! Didn't buy the Rem. that is. Chose a great looking Ruger SR1911.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Thank you, I did what you recommended, and I didn't! Didn't buy the Rem. that is. Chose a great looking Ruger SR1911.
Good Luck with your SR1911. I've owned two, the first had issues with how the slide was machined and was returned. The second seemed nice enough, but I sold it without ever firing it to fund a Remington R1S. I've been extremely pleased with the R1S, perhaps you'll be as fortunate with your new Ruger (I do like my P90).
Regards,
Greg

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sold my SR1911 too and forked up an R1 Enhanced. It is much better in all regards, except looks, than the Ruger. I despise the forward slide serations on any 1911.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Hey Reggie Dunlop, I have recently brought home a R1 Enhanced and really like the looks but was thinking about getting the Ruger SR 1911 also. Why did you not like it. I like the looks also and I thought they were supposed to be well made.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Z06 -
The front sight fell off at round 125.
and
It rattled incessantly after I had run about 500 rounds thru it. The grip safety was one of the sloppiest I've ever seen and the slide to frame fit was loose as a goose. If you touched it it rattled or clinked. I know 1911s do not need to be tight but I prefer it.
It was not as accurate as the R1E, but would still group 8 shots in a big cloverleaf from 10 yards firing offhand. With my R1E I can half that and consistently ping off spent 12 gauge hulls at that distance. The fiber optic sight does make a difference for me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Z06 -
The front sight fell off at round 125.
and
It rattled incessantly after I had run about 500 rounds thru it. The grip safety was one of the sloppiest I've ever seen and the slide to frame fit was loose as a goose. If you touched it it rattled or clinked. I know 1911s do not need to be tight but I prefer it.
It was not as accurate as the R1E, but would still group 8 shots in a big cloverleaf from 10 yards firing offhand. With my R1E I can half that and consistently ping off spent 12 gauge hulls at that distance. The fiber optic sight does make a difference for me.
I didn't see any of these kinds of things when I was trying to read every word on the WWW, before I bought it. Grip safety won't bother me, since I'll probably wind up changing it anyway. The slide is another matter. Need to blast some rounds through it - and if it acts like something the Army had issued to 20 people before me, I'll revisit the Remington, or perhaps a Colt. Oh yeah, the front sight falling off would be a real bummer!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I understand what Remington sells are machines and from time to time a bad one will be made and sold. Got it, but wonder if Remington understands this. I am willing to give Remington one more chance to make good with me before posting my story. Remington, if you are listening or watching you might want to respond.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts