1911Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought one of these today. I am very excited about it. Anyone with any suggestion on accessories or other things for it. This one is really cool, it has the extended tube underneath.

------------------
Simian

NRA Life Member

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Dear Simian, You'll be very happy with your new 870. They are terrific guns! Without knowing what you plan to use it for the only suggestion I have is that you might want to add quick detach swivels and a sling. You can find a number of styles at http://www.uncle-mikes.com

I'd also suggest that you check it for point of impact from a rest at the range. I've read some posts on a shotgun board (shotgunsports.com) that some Remington barrels have been coming through with the choke tubes threaded off center.

Please let us know what you plan to use your new gun for and I'm sure you'll receive many good suggestions for add-ons. Stay safe, Gary

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I guess I have just wanted an 870 for a while. I plan on using it as an under the bed piece for home defense. The model that I bought has an extended mag tube already on it. My dealer said that the model was just a short run as the extended tube is not standard.

------------------
Simian

NRA Life Member

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Dear Simian, The 870 should make a good security gun with just the addition of a pistol grip to replace the stock. This addition will make it much easier to manuver in the close confines of your home.

You should spend some time at the range practicing with your new gun. Use target loads for this at first as in the beginning you'll want to learn to: look at the target, lead the gun towards the target with your left hand (if you're right handed) as you raise it to eye level, then fire. Space some tin cans out on the ground for targets about five yards in front of you. When you are consistently centering the cans with your pattern you can start practice with buckshot on silouette targets. You'll be proficient before you know it.

Dry firing at home will help a lot too. Especially if you don't have much experience with pump guns. Once you get used to pumping it you'll never forget (like riding a bike). Dont worry about dropping the hammer on an empty chamber it won't do any harm. Enjoy your new gun and stay safe. Gary

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the information. The addition of a pistol grip does sound nice. I appreciate the time!

------------------
Simian

NRA Life Member

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
You're very welcome.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Dears

Several hours ago I have became very happy owner of new Rem 870 Tactical magnum. My first shotgun and I am siting and surface cleaning and I tell you it is very nice gun. It doesn't bother me what kind of parts it has. I will shot it until something breaks and then I will replace broken part. Now I am looking for store with good price for ammo. Later I will post my pictures with guns family.

·
Registered
57 Posts
You will be happy with your 870, for whatever you use it for. I have one I use for hunting. They are great, reliable guns. The model with the extended mag tube is still made. Its a nice set-up to buy like that.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Congrats on your 870. Everybody has one.... It's almost like a requirement! :D

Butch A.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thank you sirs very much.
I am planing to use it for HD and some plinking may be I try to shot some small local competitions. For your understanding after 24 years on duty and 11 years with Private Security Services I am little bit old for some competition. However I like guns and after several years I have realized my dreems. I have bought 1911 gun Kimber Custom II. I sold my CZ 75 and CZ SP 01 Tactical and bought G 22 and G 17. Today nice Remi. Do I need more ? Right now I dont know but some good rifle should be the next but who knows it.
Regards
yoky

·
Registered
678 Posts
Of all places to own guns i wouldnt imagine the Czech Republic to let own firearms...i guess you really do learn something new everyday or i need to get out more...

I love the Remington 870's its a great gun you WILL LOVE IT..

Rob

·
Registered
166 Posts
To Gunlovintexan

My country is one of several EU countries with more liberal gun law. No problem to buy or owe anything you want. However if you need more guns no problems for fully automatic guns you need special permit from Police. But you can carry 2 guns at the some time only. Concealed carry is allowed only. No visible gun in public place is accepted. On the other site we have restriction on ammunition JHP or similar ammo is baned. From this type of ammo we can use Lapua CEPP 9mm only.
Regards
Jaroslav

1 - 12 of 12 Posts