1911Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This new offering from Remington has peaked my interest. Anyone here have experience with one?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Comp master

I just bought one yesterday. I'll let you know soon about how it shoots. Some of the guys in our club have them and really like them. Larry

·
Super Moderator
7,638 Posts
Good shotgun for IPSC. All I added was an easy loader and a dead mule in the stock.

Remingtons take a little more maint than a Benelli, but they dont beat me up nearly as bad.

I have about 2,000 rounds through my primary CM. Liked it so much I bought a backup.

Man do I get the stares when I shoot skeet with it.

·
Super Moderator
7,638 Posts
$700-795. Depends on supply and demand and how much slack your dealer is willing to cut you.

·
Registered
38 Posts
competition master

I shot it today and like it alot! The recoil pad is great and the fiber-optic front sight is fast. It does not like really light dove loads. You need a little more umph to make it run well. I think it is a keeper. It sure is fun on the plate racks. Larry

M

·
0 Posts
I really want one of these for the 3 gun matches I love to compete in.

Thanks for the post and review.

Keep em coming.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Tom, while reloading my gun on the run, a shell was pushed back under the loading gate by the force of the mag spring. I have shot 1100's all my life and this has never been a problem. It took me forever to get it clear. Has this happened to you and what is the quickest way to clear if any. Thanks Larry

·
Registered
877 Posts
From what I've read on the Enos forums, the SX2s still need to mature a bit. A lot of people seem to have reliability problems.

The RCM is just an 1100. It should run like a champ as long as you do your part.

In terms of cycling speed, the SX2 has an advantage vs. an unmodified Remington, but you don't win (or lose) matches on split times. It's all about target to target transitions and that is a user/slushware problem.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts