1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had seen a Remington R1 carry with the melt treatment in lgs a few times. Black and wood. Love it. Its nostalgia. Finally talked myself in to getting it. I went and was checking the gun over. It was as smooth as butter on the rails. However if let slide down slow there was a catch that it would hang up on and not continue into battery. Now when using in real situation that won't be noticed. However discovered that the slide was catching on the barrel hood and rhat causing the hitch. I made my way around the back of the gun and noticed that the left side rail end if gun was not setting flush with frame as the right side was. I mentioned to the worker and he was going clean it up and see if it setting wrong because of grease gunned in. I returned approx 2 hours later and it was clean. But still catching on slide forward and the back end was better but still didn't set flush with frame and slide on both sides. Because if these issues on a brand new gun I would not buy it with chance of inheriting worse. It sure looks sharp though and fit what I like
Anyone else had any issues with Rem R1?

·
Registered
665 Posts
I’ve bought three (2 standard 5” and one Commander) and no problems with any - they were all gifts for relatives who like them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'll have had my R1 Carry for a year this Memorial Day, and it's been to the range several times. I've put several hundred rounds through it, both FMJ and HP. I've cleaned it after every trip. The only issues I've had were a couple failures to feed when using a cheapo Promag. No issues whatsoever with the factory mags, my Pachmayr, or Sig 1911 mags. I now use the Promag as a dust plug while it's in the case.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts