1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I am looking at buying an R1 for a carry pistol. I do not like the idea of carrying my very expensive Kimber all the time. The only thing I do not like about the R1 is that God awful silver barrel bushing. Can I just get a Ed Brown ect... barrel bushing and replace it so it looks normal? Or is that something a smith should do? Thanks for your help in advance.

·
Banned
1,341 Posts
You ever have to point the R1 at someone, they're going to think they see a 155mm howitzer staring at them because of the shiny bushing.

Besides, if you're carrying it all the time, how can you see the bushing? :rofl:

By the by, does that very expensive Kimber have a much better trigger than the R1? Does it do anything more than that cheap R1 which you're going to hope save your life?

(You've hurt feelings. ; Sorry, it's early and I feel frisky. :cool:)

But on a serious note, a new bushing without proper fitting may give the R1 reliability fits.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol I did not mean to ruffle any feathers.In all fairness I bought my Kimber long before Remington decided to start making the 1911 again. I was not trying to call Remington a cheap 1911 just less expensive than a Kimber. The fact that I would trust my life to it says a lot. I will leave the bushing alone and you have a point about how it looks to a suspect.

·
Banned
7,730 Posts
Personally, I could care less if my bushing matches my slide as long as they are black or sliver. If you want to be fashion conscious about your Remington in the holster, just measure the ID and OD of the bushing you have now and order the corresponding size and opposite color from EGW.

I would not rely on Hollywood fantasy about appearance of your gun to Mr. Misguided Individual and his accomplices. They are mostly stoned out of their minds and exercising little if any judgement. If you cross paths with a professional, appearance will have zero deterrent with him either.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I would if I could find one!
Do a search on gunbroker.com. I just bought a R1 stainless Enhanced at a good price, no shipping chg. and no credit card fees. I won't pay the 3% some sellers charge. I bet people don't have to pay it in their store. More sellers are offering no cc fee and that's what I look for, in addition to price.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just got an R1 and now that I have it. It's beauty makes me over look the silver bushing. Although I had to put some Houge combat grips on her. I can't wait to take her to the range.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts