1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched for this before posting, without a hit. I have a stainless R1 standard model on order for a build, my first build on an R1. I have been notified by Novak that the notches on the R1 are not cut for Novaks, front or rear, and require cutting to fit a Novak. Does anyone, with experience in changing out the fixed sights, on the standard model R1, only please, have any idea which sights, other than Remington OEM sights actually fit the R1?

I am looking to change the fixed rear to low profile adjustable and the front to match without "night sights" which I detest, they shine both ways. If I must I do have Novak cutters, I am just trying to eliminate a step if possible.
Thanks,
Ed

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
From an earlier Post: Try Night sights as a keyword in the Remington Forum.
"
A Customer wants a Tritium front sight for his Older Remington R1. Remington tells me that the Front Sight Dimension is: .302" x 70 degrees, .170" tall. Have you got something like that? Remington informs me that all the new R1s and R1 Enhanced use a simple Novak cut, however, I contacted Remington this morning and they ran the serial number to verify the size. Thank you for your time."

Post #18
http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=286568

1 - 2 of 2 Posts