1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
REMINGTON RAND 1944 - Value?

My REMINGTON RAND 1911A1. All original including its original parkerize finished. I checked the serial number at CoolGunsite.com and found out that it was made in 1944 and factory rebuit on October 1982 at ANAD Anniston Army Depot (Anniston, Alabama) USA. It has an inspector mark of FJA: Col Frank J. Atwood. Found on Remington Rand and Ithaca 1911A1s (entire production). P means proofmark. HOW MUCH THIS GUN TODAY?

heres the closed up of the serial number with my colt 22 conversion

·
Administrator
73,995 Posts
Nice piece, but just so you know, to a collector any pistol with rebuild markings would not be considered "all original". It's been messed with since it left the factory, even if by an arsenal and without any parts replaced (not likely). Given the rebuild marks and condition of the finish, I'd say about $900 if all the rest of the parts are correct and it has an excellent bore.

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My REMINGTON RAND 1911A1. All original including its original parkerize finished. I checked the serial number at CoolGunsite.com and found out that it was made in 1944 and factory rebuit on October 1982 at ANAD Anniston Army Depot (Anniston, Alabama) USA. It has an inspector mark of FJA: Col Frank J. Atwood. Found on Remington Rand and Ithaca 1911A1s (entire production). P means proofmark. HOW MUCH THIS GUN TODAY? Still many like this are for sale in the Philippines.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Looks like the left grip in the first picture maybe a Colt grip. Is the last picture the same pistol refinished in chrome with an ACE conversion unit?

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Could this gun have gone through the arsenal and not have been refinished?
Possible, because including the small parts matched the original color of the parkerized. You know, there's a lot of 1911A1 like this are still for sale in the Philippines. About 800 US dollars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts