1911Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,
I'd just like to share a couple photos of, unfortunantly, the last 1911 A1 I own. It's a Remington Rand that looks to be in good shape. I was told this too was manufactured in 1943 and that the slide and receiver both match Remington Rand. If someone might be able to confirm this for me that would great.

I know I'm new to the forum, but from reading a lot of threads there are a lot of extremely knowledgeable people here so any opinions good or bad would be great! Thanks again guys.

Warm regards,
Steve

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Scott for all that information ! ! ! Very helpful ! ! ! I lkie these pistols very much. It's too bad I only come across these fine pistols occasionally in my hunt for WWII memorabillia.

I think I will pick me up one of those books. I like it when I can get one book that is full of usful information as opposed to many books and God knows I've got reference books coming out my ............well lets just say my floors are sagging !

Thanks again,
Steve

Steve: Yes, your pistol appears to be all Remington Rand and possibly original finish, based on the color contrast of the small parts. Your pistol is actually a 1944 gun. Your photos are a little bright to see the markings and finish well enough to say for sure.
Some things to look for on your gun:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Charles W. Clawson's 3rd Edition Book

I'd suggest picking up a copy of Charles W. Clawson's 3rd Edition Collector's Guide from Karl Karash for $37.50 shipped to your door. If you never have another book on these pistols, you'll have all you need. Karl's got the best deal there is on these books, and the books are causing his floors to sag, and he's looking for a place to sit down...books everywhere. ;) (Just kidding)
You can use the link in the thread at the top of this forum board to contact him, or he also has a link at www.coolgunsite.com.[/QUOTE]

I was just wondering if this book deals with all 1911's or just the Remeington Rands?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Clawsons Collectors Guide

As Scott stated, the book from Karl is $37.50 shipped to your door. You can obtain it by going through a sticky post at the top of the forum, or through the coolgunsite.com website.
If you look at abebooks or amazon for this book, it's selling for $75.00 to $176.50 + shipping......so Karl is offering a teriffic buy.

·
Administrator
73,440 Posts
If you're going to get seriously into collecting USGI 1911's the big book is invaluable, even at $800 a copy. However, if you're only planning to own two or three then the little book is all that you really need. But somebody intent on purchasing a real Singer, or a collection of early production Colts would be wise not only to buy all the books, but to rub shoulders with a lot of fellow collectors before putting money down on anything.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great information Scott! I admit I'm very inexperienced mainly because my military collection interests are very diverse. "Jack of all trades, master of none" so to speak

Anyhow, I was wonder what are anyones opinion on the Photograph CD that Karl offers with the books? s that a good resource as well? Any opinions would be great. Thanks

Warm regards,
Steve

1 - 15 of 15 Posts