1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

first, I already read many of the recommendations about how to remove ambi safety, but mine seems to require too much strenth - in fact, I didn't yet remove it.

When I strip the frame of the grips, remove slide, remove MSH, then I cock the hammer and try to remove the safety, but it won't come off, I can pull the right side, left side, it won't move and it almost looks like bending. I can remove the safety off my Norinco NP28 (not ambi, only single sided) so I think I can find the right position for it (It can be felt when I pull when engaging the safety).

So my question is, how much force is necessary? Or is there something I forgot?

Thanks.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Its not just a straight pull, you have to jiggle it up and down as you pull apart. Mine is always a bugger to remove as well and force didn't do it but, jiggling did. :)

·
Banned
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bullitt said:
Its not just a straight pull, you have to jiggle it up and down as you pull apart. Mine is always a bugger to remove as well and force didn't do it but, jiggling did. :)
I tried, but it still does not look like it want's to move, I'll try to jiggle the right part a bit more (are you holding the frame or the other side of the safety?)

·
Registered
253 Posts
It's an ambi-saftey so hold the right and left sides of the saftey, jiggle or wiggle, which ever term you prefer, up and down while pulling appart. I try to move them opposite of each other up and down, but don't extert too much force. I always rest the frame on my lap. If this doesn't work try lubricating the areas then try again.

edited cuz I caint spel :D

·
Premium Member
13,220 Posts
Its hard the first time. I use an old credit card to help pry off the right side safety. Hammer should be fully cocked to get the right side one off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts