It's not that big a deal to remove it. Remember to remove the right side grip BEFORE you try to pry out the right side safety. There is a relief cut in the right side grip to accomodate the safety, and you can't remove it with the grip installed. You will most likely need to have the new safety fitted though. Be careful when prying the right side off not to scratch the pistol.
that's about all there is to that one.
Really interesting....Don't ya think??
Don't pry off the safety!!
1. Take off the grips
2. Cock the hammer (unload it first)
3. Work the left side of the safety on and off while pulling it away from the frame.
4. The left side will come off. (sometimes you have to work it a bit).
5. You can now just pull the right side out.
To replace the safety
1. Cock the hammer
2. Put the left side of the safety in in the on safe position.
3. you won't be able to get it in all the way because it hits the plunger tube plug.
4. Push the plunger tube plug into the plunger tube with a small non-scratching object ( or just a little screwdriver)
5.The safety will now snap in place.
Custom Kydex Holsters