1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, how difficult is it to remove the "LadySmith" markings form a 3" M-65? It's a original without the newer cylinder release latch and beefed up frame. I really like the heavy/lugged barrel but can't handle the markings. thanks mal

·
Banned
855 Posts
Leaving them there may help sway jury opinion some day. There'd be very little chance of you being protrayed as a gun toting, testoterone crazed macho man.:D

Sorry I can't answer your question. Just couldn't resist being a smart a$$.

·
Premium Member
9,656 Posts
You can polish them out (they're laser engraved, correct?) or you might try having it bead blasted. I had the, "caution, capable of firing with magazine removed," legal nonsense polished out on the dust cover of my SW 1911. Or you could just call Smith & Wesson and order a new side plate.

Robert

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys, the shop is trying to jack the price because it's a "older prelock S&W. You obviously don't know too much about revolvers, these are premium collectors items hand made from the custom shop." He wants my 64-3 (about 90%) and $400, I always try to be polite, and sometimes I even try to humor them, but that's rediculous. I asked him if it was registered like the older M-27s and he said all S&Ws had a warrenty, got to love the experts. If he comes down after the show this weekend I might make him a offer but it looks like I'll be keeping what I have. take care mal

oh yeah, jmcneil, I don't think the "LadySmith" logos going to help when my knuckles are dragging across the floor and I'm answering with grunts while I'm beating my chest.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.