1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Perfect 10 that I use as EDC and would like to remove the mag funnel. What size Main Spring Housing Pin do I need to replace pin holding the funnel on? With as many rounds of 10mm as most 9's carry I shouldn’t need a speed reload. If I need more than 5-6 rounds I’m in a fire fight and need a platoon with me.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I use a Simply Rugged Cuda holster ( http://shop.simplyrugged.com/ecommerce/Cuda-.cfm?item_id=407&parent=669 ) I called and talked with Rob Leahy, he made a 6" Colt Rail Gun holster which works fine. The Pancake type holster works with either the round or square trigger guard. I open carry in Indiana, wearing it 13-15 hours a day. I am 67 and retired. I work 3 horses most days winter or summer. Fall and winter I use a vest as an outside garment and is covered showing very seldom if at all. I have given presentations wearing a coat and tie with no one knowing I was carrying as it holds close to the body. I also have a Blade-Tec holster for it but don't like it. I don’t like plastic type holsters.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply.

Did your Perfect 10 have a bag of extra hardware in it's case behind the foam? Mine had extra grip screws and the short pin I mentioned.

Open carry is not an attractive option in my area. I have considered moving where a greater percentage of the population is more gun friendly. I like Arizona and have family there but, it's too hot in the summer. I am still considering it, Texas, Wyoming & Utah as well...:rofl:

I am short and stocky and carry at the 4 o'clock position. It takes a bit of cant for a 5" 1911 to sit comfortably against my body IWB. I am not sure I could clear leather easily with a 6" & it would be much more noticeable, I imagine. Besides, regular govt 1911s wear holes in my jeans where the muzzle sits, the full length dust cover/rail would only make things worse. I need a better holster.

My Perfect 10 is by far my favorite pistol, currently.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I use a leather holster that is long enough to cover the muzzle. IWB holsters I use Kramer only. Their 6" wraps over the muzzle and I have never had a rub problem. I have a Colt GM I have carried somewhere around 25-30 years in his IWB holster. I wore out one of his belts carrying it. Make sure you use a good gun belt as it makes the world of difference on how the holster carries.

My parts package did not have a Main Spring Housing Pin in it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts