1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day all ! I'm new to the forum I just bought a SA Operator mc and I have a tiny scratche on the slide what do you guys do to remove it, product and how to.

I was thinking about a car compound but it might be a bit rough.

Cheers

·
Registered
633 Posts
What is the gun's finish? Stainless steel? Blued? Parkerized?
If it IS NOT a stainless finish, you can go to wally-world and get some Birchwood Casey's Super Blue or Perma Blue, and that will darken in the scratch somewhat, and you can blend it in pretty well when you polish the blueing in with extra fine steel wool. Super blue is a darker, more powerful blue than Perma blue. Theres probably a lot better (and more expensive) products and methods out there. This method will cost you less than $5.00.
Also, is the scratch deep enough to cut into the metal? Or just a finish scratch?

·
Registered
354 Posts
If it has the original MC Operator finish of matte black slide and OD green frame, then you'll have to have the slide refinished to remove the scratches entirely.

The original finish on the pistol is KG Coatings Gun Kote (called Armory Kote by SAI) and it's a synthetic, "baked on" finish.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it`s a finish scratch and mate black finish full rail operator, thank for the advice I will try your option.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts