1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a TRP and im wondering what advantages there is to removing the ILS other than just the "pure offense of a gun lock..(gasp) ive heard it can improve the trigger, is this true? i think the triggers pretty good but maybe im missing somthing, is there more to gain by removing the ILS?

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
I removed my ILS because I don't want any locks on my guns. Actually SA removed it for me when I had my Champion in the shop. I requested it and they said sure. It cost me about $3 in parts. I only have two guns that came with internal locks. My Champion and a S&W 340PD. I have had both disabled. BTW, I could not tell any differance in trigger pull after removing the SA lock. I think you must have heard that from some who have replaced the spring with lighter springs.

·
Banned
7,485 Posts
Try the search function or the 4th "sticky" at the top of this page.

This is one of those "beaten to death" topics most folks have already commented on a dozen times... ;)

-- Chuck

·
Premium Member
9,656 Posts
Try the search function or the 4th "sticky" at the top of this page.

This is one of those "beaten to death" topics most folks have already commented on a dozen times... ;)

-- Chuck
What Chuck said, which is why I asked for the sticky. For a while we had a dozen or so "ILS" threads at any given time.

Robert

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
With the current political situation we are facing in the upcoming 08 elections, If either Hillary or Obama become the next president, I'm afraid locks on our guns will be the least of our worries.:bawling:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts