1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Rhino, In most cases it's just paint, dropped in a dimple drilled in the sights. It usually comes out because the sights aren't thoroughly degreased before they apply the paint. I use a white acrylic enamel to replace the dots, as it's more resistant to solvents. A toothpick is the ideal applicator. Good Luck,

------------------
Don Williams www.theactionworks.com www.pickagrip.com

·
Banned
5,943 Posts
Hi Rhino....
Get yourself some Birchwood Casey "Super Bright" touch up pens from Brownell's. Mask the sights off, de-grease the sights with Birchwood Casey "Cleaner-Degreaser" and then carefully apply the paint with the pen applicator and quickly wipe off the excess with a cotton patch. Results look like it just came from the factory.
Regards,
Sam

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
I use "Vinyle lure & jig finish" this is the paint used on fishing lures and holds up very well, it sticks like a bitch, the white is WHITE, flame red is BRIGHT orange, put a coat of white on first to make the colors come out brighter. You can buy from Bass Pro Shops.

------------------
Metal Smith

The only thing I know for sure is what I can measure!
NRA Life Member

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
na Don, wish I had the time to make fishing lures and tie bucktails, I bum the paint off my bother, he gave me the idea, he uses my lead pot. I received the grips yesterday, they look great, thanks, Pete

I forgot to mention you need acetone for a solvent.

------------------
Metal Smith

The only thing I know for sure is what I can measure!
NRA Life Member

1 - 6 of 6 Posts