1911Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got home from work I had just enough time to put 50 rnds of my reloads thru it at my backyard range. No malfunctions of any kind and the target is at 15yds. I was standing, holding the pistol freehand with my hand resting on a perch. All I need to do now is adjust the rear sight a little and I think I'm good to go.

Attachments

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
G27, At my range I have this small steel table that stands about 4 1/2 ft tall with a top that is approx. 18" wide by 24" deep. I had a two hand grip with my right hand resting on top of the table.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Range Report..

Just shoot it any way you like..
and come back and brag or bitch about it as the circumstances dictate..:biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Re: Thanks

G27 said:
I only asked because when I am asked for a range report, I'm never sure how I should shoot......
Iggy is right. But failing that....

Stand about 3 feet from the target - and blast away. Careful of powder burns - they will show up on the paper target as tiny holes.... You should have about a 1" group.... :)

Next - remove the target - and lay your DW on top - and snap a pic... THAT"S THE pic you should post...

In your "review - just like the writers" you do have some "editorial liberty" - so you can say something like - "Shot this at 100 yards, over my left shoulder- eyes closed - and used a mirror to do the initial sighting..." Then - just throw in a comment or two that the gun feels so good - "it points itself" or something.... ;)

Before you know it, you'll be on the AH staff (unless you like both DWs and Colts - in which case G&A might hire you, but AH won't :) ).....

Seriously - shot the snot out of it - and post back...!!!!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Re: jd-o8

Iggy said:
You forgot to mention the "lament on the passing of Colt".......
LOL!!!!! Yep - I forgot that..!!! Did you see the review a few months ago - comparing a few manufacturers "products" - and the Colt performed better then any of the advertisers "guns". The writer said something like it was more accurate then what they had expected, and it was a shame that Colt quality wasn't what it was years ago, blah, blah...... :biglaugh:

Anyway - I'll still take my DW "out of the box" and outshoot a Golt Cup "out of the box". Sure - Colt are great firearms - and I love them.. But the AH reviews always leave a bad taste - sort'a like drinking Kool-aid with a Tequila chaser. The first taste is good, but the end result is a little bitter lemon and the hidden worm...

Awww - back on topic.. G27 - all of us look forward to your review.. Just do it - and we'll be reading.. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts