1911Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a recent report on Charles Daly's by a very well known bullseye pistolsmith. It was originaly posted on another forum. Thought you CD guys might be interested. Slo cat

"This is the latest on my findings on those Charles Daly's. The recent
ones that came out with the front sights in a dove tail slot are very well
made. Not like the first and 2nd issue. The metal is hard like Colt and
Springfield. The front sights are dovetailed in and the plunger tubes are
staked in place, not silver solderd like before. The extractor hole is
larger, more like the ones we have rather than the small hole that had to be opened
up. The slide to frame fit is much better than Colt and other well known guns.
I just finished fitting a slide to frame and it was easier to do with no play. Just
like fitting those Caspian over sized frames and slides. My thoughts? I love
them now."

·
Registered
711 Posts
Slo Cat,

I saw that one, and it's good news. Ed should know what he's talking about, that's for sure. I'm now getting serious about buying a new CD.

------------------
Matthew 24:6
"You will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not frightened, for those things MUST take place...

[This message has been edited by Baer1911 (edited 09-21-2001).]

·
Registered
135 Posts
Which forum was that posted to? And could you put the url of the post for me. Trying to decide between a mil-spec and a CD SEFS.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nismofun: It was on the Bullseye-L list. Sorry, you can't see it unless you subscribe, that's why I posted it in its entirety here. To subscribe, go to http://www.lava.net/~perrone/bullseye/ and follow "subscription instructions".
Regards, Slo cat

·
Registered
331 Posts
I think my next new pistol is going to be a CD Field grade EFS. If they are that much better that the original, and I like my original a lot, then they deserve my repeated business.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts